Egg Free French toast! Your baby will love it!

suzan

Reaction score
I did it for my son and looooooooooved it!!

Here is the recipe:

ripe banana
3 fl oz milk (you can use breastmilk/formula for younger babies, although using cow's milk in cooking for your baby is acceptable after 6 months of age, provided there is no family history of cow's milk allergy)
pinch cinnamon
drop vanilla essence
whole-wheat bread

Place all the ingredients (except the bread) into a food processor and blend well.
Dip in pieces of bread, making sure the mixture coats them well on both sides.
Fry in a little butter or oil over a high heat until golden.

I added a little mapple syrup and it was YUMMY!

Sounds gorgeous! Any reason why they can't just have the egg version as it'd be well cooked? This would be a great alternative too! :munch:

Sounds gorgeous! Any reason why they can't just have the egg version as it'd be well cooked? This would be a great alternative too! :munch:

Egg whites are prohibited until they turn out 1 year old. It's a very allergic food, so it should be avoided.

Egg whites are prohibited until they turn out 1 year old. It's a very allergic food, so it should be avoided.

Really? That's not what we're told here. Personally we're going to wait to 8m before giving egg, but that's only cos OH was intolerant as a child. We're told well cooked egg is fine from 6m.

Really? That's not what we're told here. Personally we're going to wait to 8m before giving egg, but that's only cos OH was intolerant as a child. We're told well cooked egg is fine from 6m.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I haven't given her any yet but wasn't deliberately holding off...

I might try this today! Sounds yummy! Thanks hun x

thats sounds YUMMY
but how would i serve it i mean would he be able to it ? shall i cut it into small peices and give it to him figer food?

sorry for asking but i dont wanna do it wrong lool

That sounds nice. Liss has eggs now and likes eggy bread, so will try that as well.

Ohh, I shall have t try then when LO is old enough. I can eat eggs now, but when I was a baby my mum gave me one and within minutes I looked like a mitchellin man :(, and they still make me itch but no swelling.

When can I feed my baby eggs and egg yolks to avoid an allergy?

Eggs are one of the top 8 of all allergens. It is the white of the egg that is allergenic and not the yolk. Many pediatricians will say that egg yolks are typically fine to be introduced to <the non-allergic> baby around 8 months old. It is very rare for anyone to be allergic to the yolk of an egg.

The egg whites on the other hand, contain 4 proteins that can range from mildly to highly allergenic. Most pediatricians say that egg whites/whole eggs should not be fed to baby before 1 year of age.

Many studies that have been done on infants with egg allergies find that by the time the infant has reached age 5, the allergy has been outgrown. This is good news as the egg is highly nutritious and an important part of ones diet.

As always, you should consult your pediatrician about specific feeding habits for your infant. There are many infants to whom generalities may not apply.

Check it more here https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/eggs.htm

thats sounds YUMMY
but how would i serve it i mean would he be able to it ? shall i cut it into small peices and give it to him figer food?

sorry for asking but i dont wanna do it wrong lool

I usually cut it in small pieces and give it to him by spoon. Sometimes I let him self-feed. He loves it!

that sounds great i will have to give it a go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->