Eggs

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
hey ladies

my lo is nearly 7 months now & at the moment i am giving her baby rice & veg purees aswell as fruit ones..

I think i will wait another month before i try meat but want to give her egg now.
Just wanted to ask when u gave ur lo egg?? and how did u make it?
She has no teeth yet so needs to be smooth..
And did u worry about them having an allergy to eggs?

I haven't given eggs yet. I remember going to a weaning class and I'm sure MW said they advise not giving egg until around 9 months because of allergies (same with nut products) I could be wrong though x

Bexy u can give eggs after 6 months providing that they are well cooked..

I am still a little nervous about giving her it though...
My lo is similar in age to ur's.. have u given ur lo any meat yet?

Hannah's had meat and been just fine :) Haven't tried egg yet, maybe in a few days

vickie what kind of meat have u given her & how was it made?

umm well a few of the jars which she liked okay, the vegetable beef and vegetable chicken.

Gave her some of my roast chicken one day.

I bought some ground chicken and prepared a spaghetti sauce for her with it. Can give you the recipe if you like? She's only had it twice but really seems to enjoy it (froze the rest into cubes)

Ingredients:

1 pound of ground chicken
1 small onion
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
handful of fresh basil
a few cloves of garlic
grated carrots (maybe a cups worth)
4 tomatoes
1 can of tomato paste

*you may want to cut the recipe down unless you want a lot of leftovers*

Chop onions, peppers and garlic. Cook together with the ground chicken. Add grated carrots, tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer. Add basil towards the end. Once cooked puree in blender. Freeze in individual ice cube trays.

It ended up making 24 cubes worth! Plus a bowl in the icebox hubby wants for his lunch tomorrow :lol:

thanks for that vickie!! :)

I tried scrammbled eggs fror my lo yday & didnt go too well.. dont know if it was too dry or what but she swallowed a bit & the rest came out..

I tried mixing it with mashed up baked beans but it was still a little dry..

Any tips on how to make them tastier for lo??

I need egg ideas too! Alasdair hasn't had them yet.

As for introducing meat, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I give Alasdair either meat as a finger food (he does have 5 teeth though) and I've also given him pureed chicken mixed with vegetables. You can also introduce it slowly by adding stock to her veg.

I know it may sound gross but i mix scrambled eggs into max's cereal most of the time ..tats up until he was old enough to chew on it on his own ..he got it the first time at 6 months ..

Meat He got at 5 months , chicken, beef, veal , turkey ..puree with veg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->