EIGHT false positives?!

Tattoo

Mum of 2 girls
Reaction score
So my last period was July 24th. I've done eight hpts, including two digital tests, which have all been positive. But the community midwife has just phoned to tell me that the test she did on my urine sample was negative! What are the odds of six evaporation lines plus two dodgy digitals? Anyone experienced this? Did you turn out to be pregnant or not?

Make that nine. I just took this now. That's not an evap, surely?
https://rs30.pbsrc.com/albums/c341/amz_fairy/Mobile%20Uploads/20140827_093626_zps8629fa9e.jpg

Can't see any pic Hun but doctors tests r not as sensitive as hpt so I'm guessing ur pregnant just to early to show on their tests

Why won't the picture work.
Try that:
https://rs30.pbsrc.com/albums/c341/amz_fairy/Mobile%20Uploads/20140827_093626_zps8629fa9e.jpg~320x480

wtf? i wonder why the midwife said negative when its clearly positive?
If it was a chemical pregnancy then surely by now you would be cramping and starting AF.... maybe wait a couple of days, go to a regular doctor and get tested again?

That is one heck of a positive test! I would think that there is no way 9 hpt's could all have false positives- false positives are very rare. More likey the nurse's test wasn't sensitive enough to get a positive yet or she read the wrong results. I'd call back, explain that you have had 9 positive tests and would like a blood test. Congrats :)

I'd say more than likely not as sensitive a test from the midwife, have u missed your period officially yet? If not, wait until a few days after you've missed and see the midwife/doctor for another test xx

Thanks for the replies. :)
The midwife phoned back and said she'd spoken to her supervisor...and....I have my booking in appointment on Friday morning!

Glad you got your appt, much more likely that their one test is faulty than your nine tests!
Maybe they should check their batch of tests! Looks a pretty strong line on your test, mine was much fainter than that and the doctors still picked it up!
Good luck..!
:flower:

It's a wonder they even did a test after that many positives! My doctor was satisfied id had a positive at home and felt no need to do one

I had the same thing. You could tell they were positive at home and did a digital which said pregnant. But my blood test at the doctors was negative and my urine test at the family planing clinic was also negative. Everyone includit myself thought I was crazy! Ended up with a baby girl :))

The doctors office use those cheap test you can find at dollar stores, but CHARGE you as if they used a top of the line test. My opinion is, go by the HPT you used. Also, congrats because you're pregnant, 9 false positives? Nooooope. :flower:

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I've had several positive Wondfo tests nd two positive digi's, but the clinic's urine test was negative. The RN who I spoke to when I called was completely honest with me and saidthat their urine test sucks and really doesn't pick up a pregnancy until at least a couple days past 4 weeks (and someimtes longer for some women). She tols me to come back in a week (since I'm still so early) to try again, but that if I had more than one positive hpt then I was definitely pregnant. The only things that stinks is that I can't get an appointment or an OB until I get a positive with their tests.

Congratulations!

It's amazing that the doctors and midwives use such crappy tests. I wonder if they just don't want to deal with chemicals, so they buy ones that don't detect pregnancy til that risk is past... As far as I know, my midwife never tested me. They took a lot of blood and some urine, but didn't mention an actual pregnancy test. They just took my word for it.

I think what must have happened is maybe she got the tests mixed up, or accidently put someone elses results in your file maybe. That is a dark glaringly positive test, it's not like it is a very faint line that might be mistaken for a negative if the midwife is blind as a bat. Maybe request a blood test. That will show for sure. Good luck!

The doctor's tests are so inaccurate. I don't know why they keep using them. She should have just done a blood test.

I have never once gotten a positive urine test at the doctor's office. With my son, they saw the negative urine test, but did a blood test anyway. The blood test confirmed it. With this one, I had very clear positives at home and a negative at the doctor's office. It actually makes me angry because it feels like many pregnancies are missed because of this. I read a medical journal about a week ago (I can't find it anymore) stating that the urine tests the doctors use are more likely to be negative due to their on hook effect. There is some variant of the pregnancy hormone that actually sometimes does not attach to the test line of the doctor's pregnancy tests, but does attach to home test. Thus, you get a - at the doctor and a + at home. I am thinking I am one of those people since twice now I have been pregnant and gotten a - from the doctor. If all of your home tests are + you are pregnant.

The doctors office use those cheap test you can find at dollar stores, but CHARGE you as if they used a top of the line test. My opinion is, go by the HPT you used. Also, congrats because you're pregnant, 9 false positives? Nooooope. :flower:

Actually, the dollar store tests are quite sensitive and work great. The doctors would be better off if they used them!

I think they use high sensitivity tests like 100miu for chemicals really, so people don't get a BFP at the doctors and then get AF the next day. In the US, they don't like to see you super early anyway so by the time you came in it'd be pos.

I just find it annoying that my Dr won't even let you set up and appointment or start deciding what OB you would see until you get a positive. I know they won't want to see me until at least 8 weeks, but appointments fill up fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->