Eilidh's Impatient Arrival 8 weeks early

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
Ok, this could get long:coffee:

My 3 kids before Eilidh were all preemie, 2 at 35 weeks and 1 at 33 weeks for different reasons. This time we started out with a high risk doctor and were signed up for progesterone injections from 20 weeks, shown to massively reduce the risk of preterm delivery as well as regular cervix scans and meds on standby:thumbup:

All went well until 19 weeks when I started getting contractions, turned out a uti was the culprit but this was the start of restrictions, great fun with a first grader and 2 toddlers:dohh:

Between the progesterone and limited activity things went well, with a hiccup at 25 weeks when the OB read my cervical scan wrong and it looked like I was dilated. Cue paniced admittance to hospital and steroids, luckily an indepth scan the next day showed it was due to the odd angle of my cervix and I wasn't dilated.:wacko:

At 27 weeks we moved state with my husbands job, at this point I'm beginning to get a bit crampy but ffn tests at 27 and 29 weeks come back negative ( shows very unlikely to deliver in following 2 weeks) I get nifedipine to take home and take if contractions come back. At 31+1 I have a night of very very painful cramps and the ffn the next day comes back positive. I go into the hospital where I spend 6 days while they work on stopping my contractions with mag sulphate and administer a second round of steroids, I'm sat at 3cm dilated at this point.

By the monday, 32 weeks, I actually feel much better, contractions have stalled and no further dilation so get to go home:happydance: On strict bedrest, so toilet only lol but still, home yay!

Tuesday morning, I wake up good, enjoy pancake day with the kids then go to the bathroom and find a bloody show. Having had 3 kids I don't panic too much. 10 30am I go for my bath and as I'm coming off the toilet my waters break everywhere:nope: So straight back to hospital, still 3cm, no contractions.

Tuesday night they keep me in on antibiotic while they collect an amniotic sample to test LO's lungs. If they are mature they will induce me, if not try and stall labour until 34 weeks. Unfortunately,I had lost so much of my amniotic fluid it took ages, including an hour lying almost upside down, to get the sample:dohh:

Her lungs came back as mature so wednesday night we began inducement! I had a c-section 18m earlier for placenta preavia so had to have an epidural, LO also had decelerations with some of the contractions so we had to prepare incase of emergency section.

8 30pm, epidural in on a low dose, lol only made one leg numb, very odd feeling:haha: The pitocin went on at 9pm and then I pretty much fell asleep:sleep:

By 2am I had got to 4cm, by 2 30 I'm really starting to feel pressure, checked again and I'm 8-9cm :shock: By 2 45am I want to push but nothing is set up, they start faffing with stirrups and getting the delivery table ready:dohh:

Eilidhs heart then starts really dipping and she needs to come out, OB looks and sees her head is right there, we finally get hubby to wake up (he has spent most of the night talking away in his sleep :rofl: Even throwing things at him wasn't working) I start to push, the first push wasn't very effective as they kept moving my leg:growlmad: But got her entire body out with the second push:cloud9: I escaped with no cuts or grazes!

She came out screaming and was able to breathe on her own. 16in and 3lb 12oz

She's still in NICU right now, growing and learning to suck/breathe /swallow ready to come home.

Attachments

• eilidh gloves.jpg
    eilidh gloves.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 123
Congratulations, she is beautiful :)

Congrats again hun, she is so beautiful!!! x x x

Congrats!!! She is beautiful! Hope her NICU stay is short!

congrats!! shes gorgeous.. hoping for more updates

Congratulations again, she is perfect :cloud9:

She is beautiful!!!! She will be home with you very soon! Congratulations!!!

congratulations, a definate cutie, you must have babies who are really excited to meet you early :)

hope you get her home soon

Thanks everyone:flower:

Little update, Eilidh is 4lb 3oz at the moment, still in NICU but we are trying to get out lol, she could be out tomorrow but more likely wed or thurs after 3 long weeks.

She is maintaining her temp now but didn't gain enough weight her first day exclusively oral feeding so we waitfor the weigh in today and if its more than 15g then chance of home(yesterdays gain was 5g) she hasdone everything else, she's been in a crib in a private room withme nesting for the last couple of days to establish breastfeeding, she has no IVs or monitors. All the going home paperwork is done and carseat challange passed:happydance:

Will getmore pics when hubby visits :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->