elective c-sec ?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you ladies would have a c-section again?
did you chose to have one?
is it as bad as people make out, cant lift for weeks, cant hold your own child etc?

My consultant has told me i should consider having one but the ultimate decision is up to me so just considering my options :)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: How long did you stay in the hospital for?

I'd have a c-section again. The first time wasn't optional, but now that I look back I'm glad I had one.

I was told that I couldn't lift anything more than my baby and her carrier. I didn't have any trouble whatsoever holding my baby. Now doing household chores and laundry was a different story - but it's not like I wanted to anyway:winkwink:. As long as you don't overexert yourself, then you should be fine.

I wouldn't have another unless I really had to. I had to have one as Joshua was ill and breech. I had a terrible recovery. The bruising I had was horrendous. Joshua passed at 13 hours, so can't say about lifting baby etc, but I struggled with kettles and things like that. Still get the odd twinge now, and definetely can't lift as much as I could without it hurting. I'm 10 weeks on, I still need to take painkillers most days, struggle to Hoover without causing pain, still can't wear jeans or anything that sits on the scar. I was in hospital 4 days. The pain the first week was terrible. I was on morphine. I hated my partner having to inject me every day for a week. There is no way I would willingly put myself through that again unless it's what is best for baby. Have they said why they think you should have one?x

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Ive had a pretty complicated pregnancy and was really ill before i fell pregnant so ive been lucky to get this far.
They think i will benefit from the c-section as the dont believe i'll have to energy or be capable of having a natural birth so my consultant said she would rather me have a planned c-sec than need an emergency one.
Nothing is set in stone at the mo but my uterus is showing that i am contracting already and ive been on bed rest for about 10 weeks now so its just a waiting game really but thanks for your reply :) x

My c-sec was an emergency one as the placenta had ruptured and was comin away before LO was born.
It was all over very quickly but i did get terrible shakes when in recovery (i did have an infection too which contributed to the rupture so that cud have been why) n i didt get to hold LO till she was a few hours old. But as for the recovery, i was up n showerin after about 12 hours, standing from sittin was difficult for first 2-3 days as was standin to lyin down. But after 2 weeks i was back driving lol n feel completely fine. I was makin cups of tea n helpin with cookin dinner after 10 days, hoovered at 2-3 weeks, picked up my son whos amost 4 at 4 weeks pp n was just bein myself.
Its about how u feel if ur comfortable with doin it all then do it.

I am having another one lol

I loved my c section experience, just hope this next one is as good

I've had one and I'm having another again early June! It depends on the person with how well you recover. 2 days out the hospital I was off up town shopping and feeling fine! It really wasn't as a big deal as some people make out, but again this is my opionion ;)

It is something i am really considering but at the same time i want to be able to do things after without being cautious (if that makes sense)
Would it be arranged so i had it on my due date or do they do elective ones a week early or something?
Sorry about all the Q's :)

Mine is gonna be around 39 weeks, I think this is the norm

Just wondering how many of you ladies would have a c-section again?
did you chose to have one?
is it as bad as people make out, cant lift for weeks, cant hold your own child etc?

My consultant has told me i should consider having one but the ultimate decision is up to me so just considering my options :)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: How long did you stay in the hospital for?

I wouldn't recommend one because to me there are more negs than positives. HOWEVER, I had a great experience with my elective. I could hold my DD just fine but needed assistance on the first night getting her out of her cot, changing her and putting her back in. Moving around in bed is hard for a while and you're very slow for a week or two.

I struggled a bit more as I had a 21 month old so she didn't understand that she couldn't climb on me etc.

I had my DD at 11.51am on the Monday and was discharged at 1.30pm on the Tuesday. In hindsight I should have stayed one more night to let myself recover more, but they asked if I wanted to go and I didn't really feel like I could say no!

Fully depends on whether or not the next baby has heart block as well. If it doesn't, I'm going to go for a VBAC water birth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->