• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elective c-section cos of a very bad eyesight?

dovkav123

Reaction score
I am a shortsighted, my both eyes are -9.
I guess it's genetic, my mom and my sister has the same problem too, however my eyesight is the worst.
My RE told me I may need to have an elective c-section cos of this problem. When I push my baby I may injure my eye nerve and I can get blind.
My eye dr. will decide if I need a c-section.

Have you had this problem?
Have you heard that somebody else did c-section cos of eye problem?

Thank you for your input!

Hmmm..i have never heard of this and i am also a negative 9. I have had 2 babies vaginally with no issues to my eyes. Curious if anyone else has any responses.

My eyesight is negative 12 and i goto high-risk. Never even asked my eyesight let alone said anything about elective c-section.

Thank you, girls for your messages. That give me hope cos I want to deliver naturally, if it's possible...My mom was lucky with an easy births, so hopefully I'll follow her footsteps. ( my body builed is the same like hers)

I wish you all the best in your pregnancies!

I found some info online.
"Many obstetricians and ophthalmologists recommend in cases of preexisting high myopia either a cesarean section or an instrumental vaginal delivery, although these recommendations are not evidence based. According to a changed professional policy at author’s Department, moderate and high myopia were not indications for an elective operative delivery any more (since 2003)."

On the message bords eye dr. replied that the only time he adviced a c-section to a woman who had an eysight -29 and she had already some eye problems (disease).

My friend is negative 11 and has had a detached retina (they've told her to expect another one in her lifetime due to a genetic disease). No-one has mentioned a c-section to her...

xx

Not sure if this sheds any light but I am type 1 diabetic and in my last pregnancy had eye problems at the back of them, I was advised to have a planned section to prevent any more damage due to it being caused whilst pushing in Labour xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->