Elenore??

purplerat

Mum of 3
Reaction score
DH and I both love the name Eleanor, but he really wants to spell it the Italian way which is Elenore. I admit it's growing on me, but I'm not a fan of spelling names an "unusual " way, though his family are of Italian decent and it is the first girl in his family for over 100 years, so I suppose his reasoning is justified. DH doesn't want to spell it the traditional way.

Just wondering what people's opinions of "Elenore" are? Does it look right or like we have misspelt it? She'll have 2 middle names, as do our 2 sons.

First middle name is Rebecca after my mum who passed away a few years ago, haven't decided the second one yet. Our boys are William and Arthur. Does Elenore fit with them do you think??

Thanks!

Oh wow congratulations on your girl after two boys! Elenore is such a beautiful name. I love the spelling. It doesn't look misspelt it just looks pretty and special and once you said about the Italian thing it felt lovely. Oh and it goes really well with William and Arthur as well.

Love that name it has pretty nn's too like Ella or Nora

I actually prefer Elenore over Eleanor! (maybe because I'm Italian? lol)
Love the nn Nora!

And yes It goes perfectly with your little boys' names!!

I love Elenore (I am an Eleanor so I may be a little biased :haha:). I think it's totally legit to spell it that was as your OH is Italian, even if he wasn't I think it would be fine- it is a legitimate spelling and it's not like peope won't know how to pronounce it when they read it. I think it goes perfectly with your boys names :)

Thank you all, I feel more confident about it now. So many nicknames that I love like Nora, Ellie and Ella. She'll be able to chose as she gets older. :) x

I love Elenore too, especially because that's how it's spelt in the song, which incidentally is one of my favourites!

I think Elenore is a great name and I love the spelling. I'd perhaps pronounce it a little different to Eleanor but that is maybe a regional thing.

I love the name, though I may be biased. :) I think the Italian spelling is fine. It will be a little more distinctive when people see it, but they'll still know how to pronounce it. And it's not a made-up spelling, either.

I think it's a lovely well of spelling it!
It's the only girls name that both hubby and I agree on. He he.

Elenore looks misspelt to me, and I think other people would spell it Eleanor which means a lifetime of having to correct them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->