Elf on the shelf ideas.

FayDanielle

Mia's Mummy <3
Reaction score
We're going to do elf on the shelf this year - any ideas for what mischief our elf can get upto? Xx

I get all my ideas from pintrest as there's loads on there. Off the top of my head I can remember:

Playing with their cars
Eating christmas sweets
Drawing with toothpaste in the sink
Sat with a bunch of bananas with minion faces drawn on
Reading a story to the toy dinosaurs
Covering himself in christmas stickers
Drawing an "Elfie"

Our elf appears on top of the Christmas tree once the kids have gone to bed which they like.

We did funny/messy ones last year and the boys didn't find them that funny so I'm going with simple ideas until they get a bit older.

Stalking. I'm doing it for the first time this year too. As George said, there's lots of good ideas on Pinterest.

I am actually in the process of doing a calendar for each day of what our elf will do. First year for us too !!

I am actually in the process of doing a calendar for each day of what our elf will do. First year for us too !!

That's very organised! I've just saved lots of ideas off Google and Pinterest and will play it by ear. Got some v simple ones saved, for when I'm busy or too tired to do much.

lol that's why I am doing the calendar so night before I can just quickly look and do it . Ive got loads of little bits together ! x

Snap! I printed a blank month of december sheet (from dltk's) that way I can be lazy and have everything ready.
Last time I did elf on the shelf I found trying to think of something right before I went to bed the worst part.
I have everything in a box now hidden in my hall cupboard.:thumbup:

I made a list of different ideas, so when the elf arrives, I don't have to worry about thinking of ideas after college etc.
Dec 1st she'll arrive with our advent calendars, a few othet days she'll bring xmas crafts (from home bargains) paper chains, window stickers, and a santa dress the morning of her school xmas party.
Will set up a board game with a few toys
Tea party with toys
Turning milk green
Having a snowball fight with mini marshmallows
Teaching her toys letters/numbers
And i bought a load of pink tinsel and baubles today, so the elf can decorate her room one night :)

my daughters favourite from last year was a bowl of sugar and planting tic tacs in it then you relate them with candy vanes so it looks as though the tic tacs have grown to candy canes over night. The elf left a message with plant these magic beans - she LOVED it!

he also;
had a tea party with her barbies
squirted ketchup up the kitchen tiles
covered the tree In loo roll
was eating cereal out the box
had a shoe train ride down the bannister
ate her sweets

he brings her advent and also her Xmas eve box as a hi and bye! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics