Elf on the shelf!

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
It’s that time of year again when Hayden and Zoe start to speculate over whether Errol the Elf will return for another Christmas with us, or if he finally learnt his lesson last year (I felt the spying and telling tales to Santa was a bit creepy, so our story goes that Errol has been mischievous at the North Pole so Santa sent him to learn about good behaviour from them :rofl: yeah, never gonna happen!). It’s also the time when I wonder two things: 1) will poor Errol survive another year of abuse and mayhem (this will be his 7th year!) and 2) what the heck am I going to do with him?

So, in the interests of keeping the elfy magic alive, spam me with your best elf antics :thumbup:

I’m changing tactics with the elf this year, lots of low key things rather than massive ones. My kids donfind it fun but they aren’t obsessed with it which helps.

We’ve got planned:
Christmas morning breakfast for after he arrives
Candy cane hunt
Movie night treats
Biscuit decorating
Roasting marshmallows over a candle
And then some funny ones I found on Pinterest

I love doing elf on the shelf :) We don't do the spying and telling things to Santa etc, just the elf antics. Some of my favourites last year were the skittles experiment, making a snowman out of toilet rolls, putting him in the fridge drinking milkshake, putting him in a pack of chocolates with a chocolatey face, making a shoe train. Can't wait!
There is a group on Facebook where everyone can share ideas.

We always do a North Pole breakfast on Xmas eve provided by the elf
Ones that went down well last year was
Planting jelly beans in sugar and they grew into candy canes overnight
A tray of water, a carrot, google eyes, small twigs, elves brought a snowman but it melted
Elves roasting marshmallows over a candle (battery operated fake tea light)
Elf zip line

Ideas I have for this year
Plant an egg in sugar and turn into a kinder egg
Turn the toilet water green

Our Elf planted cheerios in sugar one night and then they grew into ring donuts over 24 hours. We then had donuts for breakfast because it would have been rude not to when the elf grew them herself!

We have done it the past two years. We aren't that adventurous though. He is usually just playing with some of their toys etc.
I'll see if the mention the 'naughty elf'. Love the idea of good behaviour buy yeah probably won't work ha ha

We have done it the past two years. We aren't that adventurous though. He is usually just playing with some of their toys etc.
I'll see if the mention the 'naughty elf'. Love the idea of good behaviour buy yeah probably won't work ha ha

Lol, yeah, there’s a reason he’s had to keep coming back all these years!

Ooo we love elf on the shelf in our house! Will be looking for some ideas for this year .

We don’t do anything too adventurous either C1403. There’s been a few mornings he’s just been threw in the tree because we went to bed and forgot leaving me running down the stairs before the girls got up lol .

Love that donut idea Ann ! Will be using that thanks !

I love doing elf on the shelf :) We don't do the spying and telling things to Santa etc, just the elf antics. Some of my favourites last year were the skittles experiment, making a snowman out of toilet rolls, putting him in the fridge drinking milkshake, putting him in a pack of chocolates with a chocolatey face, making a shoe train. Can't wait!
There is a group on Facebook where everyone can share ideas.

Just googled the skittle experiment which looks great !

Last year was our 1st year of Elf we have 2 Elvis & Ella so I am stalking this looking for inspiration :thumbup: some great ideas

We have a girl elf that comes and does silly things. Last year she arrived with advent calendars and a north pole breakfast.

This will be either the 3rd or 4th year we've done it, so I'll be running out of new ideas! I like the idea of turning the toilet water green ..... we've not done that one before.

We've done -

Swing from the ceiling.
Stuck inside a jar, with a help sign
Drawing on dd's face ( I managed to wake her up when I was doing this)
Wrapping her book bag in paper
Covering the door in paper
Socks on the Christmas tree
Shoe train
Turning milk green
Drawing faces on bananas
Fishing in a bowl of cereal
A poorly elf
Angel in flour
Eating all the chocolates
Frozen in a block of ice
Reading stories to the other toys
Long stilt legs with cardboard tubes
Googly eyes and faces on eggs
Making paper snowflakes
Toilet paper over the tree
Toilet paper snowman
Camping elf
Made a huge tower out of mega blocks and sat at the top
Drew mustaches on photographs

The first year I used to hide a choc coin wherever the elf was and DD enjoyed finding that.

It's worth having a few quick/easy ideas for the times you don't have much time or you forget and have to throw something together a minute before the kids come down 😂

Fab ideas !
The little choc coin idea is great too ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back