Elimination diet

Jaymelynn

Reaction score
I think my lo has a food allergy or intolerance. His doctor is finally agreeing too. He gets dry patches on his stomach/arms/face, green mucous poos, gas, fussiness, reflux. Since I am already dairy free we are looking at gluten and soy. Does anyone know if I should try to eliminate both to see how he does or try to remove one at a time? She also recommended probiotics and colief. So it is a lot at once. I want to be able to pin point the problem quickly. Thanks!

I'd advise soy as a first port of call. Gluten very rarely causes an issue instead it tends to be the proteins in some cereals with wheat being top of the list. My two youngest had an issue with corn and citrus which they outgrew fairly quickly. Second youngest also couldn't tolerate msg, soy or dairy via my milk xx

I have a feeling soy is more likely too. Argh it is in everything! Today is day 1 soy free. How long were you off the food items before you saw a difference in your children?

I agree that soy is much more likely than gluten. Give it a week or two and see if it helps.

With my daughter I tried eliminating common allergens first and when that didn't help I ended up doing a total elimination diet. It was tough but very worth it - within a day and a half she started sleeping better and was less gassy. After a month I started adding foods back in one at a time until I was able to identify the problem.

Soy first - I asked about Gluten and was told it would be a very very rare case if gluten was an issue. Though do bare in mind many gluten items contain soy or dairy.

I think his doctor suggested gluten because she "couldnt imagine" what I would eat as a soy free vegetarian, haha. Fingers crossed that something helps this poor child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->