Elizabeth Janine makes her appearance!

Scally

Reaction score
Right I am going to try and not make this too long, but do apologise if it is!!!

I started getting contractions about every 15 minutes starting at lunchtime, and by 4pm they were coming every 5 minutes. Got OH home, had some food, and went to the hospital at 8.30pm.

Was examined at 9.30 and found to be 5cm dilated, thank god, cause didnt want to go home again!!!!

The contractions were all in my back and left hip, and were bearable until about 12.30, when i asked for an epidural, was examined and told i was 8cm, i was so happy i'd managed on my own until then (tried gas and air but it made me feel sick). They adminiistered the epidural at 1.30 (it was a busy night, could have killed for that before then!!!)

I was fully dilates by 2.45, and we got the baby things out and ready, as i had progressed so fast, we thought the baby was going to be here very soon.

Thats when things started to go wrong, the midwife examined me, and said that she had to get the registrar, he examined and did a scan to find that Elizabeth was back to back, but had her hand up by her head in such a way that if i pushed i'd break her arm. So for the next 3 hours we just waited to see if the head would change positions. But no such luck.

We went into theatre to see if they could ventouse her out, 3 attempts failed and then had a emergency c section.

It was sooooo traumatic, they were having to push her back up the birth canal while others were tugging from the top. She finally came out still, lifeless and not breathing, they had to work on her a while, hearing that cry finally was such a relief.

We all went into recovery where i took a turn for the worse, i lost too much blood, my bladder was in trauma and only blood coming out, and i developed an infection with such a high temperature. Unfortunately with regards to the temp i was having skin to skin contact with her, and didnt realise, she then went lifeless and grey and had to be whisked off, i had made her too hot.

She has/had a massive bruise above her eye from the ventouse, apparently her head was at such an angle there was no way i could have gotten her out.

I am sobbing writing this, but hoping by getting it all out, i may get over the trauma of it all.

The stay in hospital was for 5 days, me being bed bound for 3 on concotions of drips, and she had jaundice, some blood sugar probs, an infection, the poor thing looks like a pin cushion with all the needles they stuck into her.

But on a very positive note, she has done amazingly well breastfeeding considering she didnt get skin to skin til an hour after she was born, she has been through so much, but is sooo content. Every time i look at her the memory of the birth fades, she is just so worth it.

Sorry if i went on for a while, but i tell u what i wouldnt hesitate to do it all again to have her with me, she is just so precious and i love being a mummy.

Some pics of my little star

Attachments

• P1010047.jpg
    P1010047.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 99
  • P1010049.jpg
    P1010049.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 143
  • P1010052.jpg
    P1010052.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 123
  • P1010060.jpg
    P1010060.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 126
congratulations she's gorgeous. its amazing how there little faces can make such a traumatic delivery seem ok. xx

Congrats she is gorgeous, sorry to hear u had such a traumatic time :hugs: xoxo

I'm sorry you both had such a rough time :hugs: but massive congratulations, she's gorgeous!

She's a cutie, congrats! *hugs*

That sounds like a really scary experience, she is lovely though!!!
Congratulations :hugs:

Congratulations, she's beautiful :hugs:

Sxxx

Oh you poor lady!! (if its any consolation - you cried while writing - I'm crying while reading!).

You must have been so frightened but its all wonderful now! She's SO beautiful.

Hope you heal pronto tonto.

xx :hugs:

She's adorable, the birth does sound very traumatic and I hope the memories soon fade, but she is GORGEOUS :) x

Congratulations she is gorgeous and that sounds like a very dramatic birthstory but i bet its all forgotten about now.

Oh Scally Im sorry you and bubs had a rough time but so glad your both ok now!:flower:

congrats she's beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->