Ella Star - 26th Feb 2009 (LONG!)

KatienSam

Mummy to Ella & Faith <3
Reaction score
I cannot believe I am here typing this!!

Now where to start... I still have my notes so I will copy it from them!

I had high blood pressure and was in and out of hospital from 38 weeks, i went to see a consultant on Tuesday 24th Feb to discuss what they wanted to do. He gave me an internal and said i was 'effaced and 2-3cm' so gave me a sweep and hoped I would go into labour naturally so there was no need to induce me. He arranged for an induction on the Thursday as they didnt want to leave me with a rapidly rising blood pressure. I had a few signs something would happen... but it didnt.

I got to hospital on the Thursday morning, they were very busy and didnt get seen until about 11am, they put me on the monitor and could see irregular tightenings (i had been getting them for weeks). A consultant checked me again to confirm the previous cervix review and he said i was 2cm and soft :shock: so he said to give me prostin gel and see what happens.

By 1pm I was getting mild pains, bearable and sat chatting about positions to try to get things moving, had a little walk about. They slowly built up and about 3pm I asked for paracetamol to take the edge off them.

By 5pm i was getting 3 contractions every 10 mins, we disussed pain relief and I said i was ok...

At 5.30 they did another examination. My cervix was slightly posterior and so she 'walked it forwards' (???) i was 80% effaced and 3cms dilated. She gave me another 'good sweep' (ouchie).

By 6pm I asked for gas and air as my OH wanted to go and get dinner and as the pains were getting stronger wanted to be comfortable while he wasnt there. OH went at 6.15pm with me happily sucking on the gas and air through contractions.

7pm OH comes back to find me in agony and asking for more pain relief, they gave me pethedine.

7.10pm I was getting really bad pain and wanting to push (couldn't control it - very strange feeling) midwife told me i wasnt ready to push so to breathe through the pain with the gas and air. The pethedine will kick in soon...

7.20pm - Screaming for an epidural as if i wasnt supposed to start pushing now i didnt know what i was going to do if this got any worse!! Body was pushing... midwife decided to check on me... fully dilated and head visable!!! (i did tell them lol)

7.30pm - Started pushing (now with encouragement from OH and midwives)! The pethedine had kicked in so i was asleep between contractions :sleep:

7.57pm - Baby Ella Star Smithson was born (cord once around her neck), she was taken to resusataire as meconium was seen when delivering her. OH announced the sex to me and we all started crying ha ha. She was officially 5lb 15.59oz - so 6lb lol

I had a slight tear but nothing big enough to need stitches (but enough to sting when you wee lol)

Anyway the bit everyone wants to see...

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/xxxxKittenxxxx/n680314135_2226613_51237861.jpg
https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/xxxxKittenxxxx/019.jpg
https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/xxxxKittenxxxx/016.jpg

:cloud9::baby::cloud9:

Oh Katie she is beautiful, welcome to the mummys club hun :)

She's gorgeous! Congratulations and well done! XXX

Katie congrats!! She's sooo cute!!! Wish you both the best!!

Congratulations welldone katie. Can't wait for my turn. xx

well done! she's gorgeous! can't wait to join the mummy club too in july :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->