Ellie-Mae Evans - 25th October

gde78

Reaction score
Firstly, many thanks to all for your kind words and good wishes which gave me a much needed boost over the past couple of weeks. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride.

I won't go into full details of the whole birth experience as it is a bit of a jackanory story, but you literally couldn't get further from the natural birth plan I had in mind if you tried! Following pessaries, waters being broken, sytocin drips, epidurals a plenty, high blood pressure, babies heartbeat dipping continuously, merconium being inhalled and swallowed, clips on heads and bloods being taken from babies head, leading to forceps and an emergency c-section under general anaesthetic and a 4 pint blood loss, it was all a bit of an experience. But apparently, after waking and being told we had a baby girl, the first thing I said was "Oh we'll have to give her a brother" so I can't have hated it that much!!!!

Ellie-Mae was born on 25th October, weighing 6lb 15oz at 17.50. Unfortunately, she was taken to special care on 26th October and treated for merconium inhallation, pneumonia and strep b (later discounted) and we finally got her home on 3rd November. She has to go back for a check up tomorrow and then again in 6 weeks, but she's very happy and settled in well. Since then, I've been in a bit of a bad way having an infection in my c-section wound and being on anti-biotics. Our family days out so far have consisted of 2 trips to the corner shops, hospital and doctors!!!

I have to say, that this is the best thing I've ever done with my life. I'm glad I did all my partying and travelling and stuff when I was younger and had her now, and I can't wait to increase our family size all being well in the next couple of years. She brings us more and more happiness everyday and Gavin and I are like a couple of kids at Christmas everytime she wakes up wondering what she's going to do next! Gavin has been an absolute rock. I don't know what I'd have done without him. He's looking after 'his girls' as if we were both princesses. He really has shown what a wonderful dad he's going to be.

Attachments

• ellie-mae bnb.jpg
    ellie-mae bnb.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 52
  • ellie-mae bnb2.jpg
    ellie-mae bnb2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 62
  • ellie-mae bnb3.jpg
    ellie-mae bnb3.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 42
congratulations, she is lovely

Lou
xxx

congrats, shes gorgeous xx

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

aww, she is beautiful.
congratulations :)

congrats she is gorgeous.

sorry u had such a rough time though hunni x x

Congratulations, what a lovely ending to what sounds like a traumatic birth xx

Congratulations hun! I think it's lovely that it's bought you and your OH closer together - he sounds like a star! :D Xx

congrats on your new LO :hugs:
She is beautiful and I love her name!!!

keep us posted on how things go!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79