Elsie?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
So my nan passed last week and we we're going to honour her by using the name Eliza (her favourite name) however we have decided it really isn't for us so we will use a middle name.
She passed on her Nan's birthday - the Nan's name was Annie Elsie.

I love Elsie but it's so similar too Kelsey which I really dislike.
If you heard the name Elsie would you think it was short for Kelsey?

(Getting opinions on lots of names at the moment as we're clueless)

I wouldn't associate Kelsey & Elsie at all :nope:

Annie is cute to work with - like Annabelle/Annabella maybe?

Elizabeth as a 1st or middle name for the baby would combine your nan's fav name (Eliza) with your name (Beth).

Just some thoughts!

I hope you guys find the perfect name soon! :flower:

I wouldn't associate Kelsey & Elsie at all :nope:

Annie is cute to work with - like Annabelle/Annabella maybe?

Elizabeth as a 1st or middle name for the baby would combine your nan's fav name (Eliza) with your name (Beth).

Just some thoughts!

I hope you guys find the perfect name soon! :flower:

Funny you say that as Annie and Annabella have both been top runners already! But we decided Annabella is too similar to DD Isabelle.

We have also considered Elizabeth but for my nan we just want Eliza.

Love Elsie! Definitely don't associate it with Kelsey!

Our other worry is that we would still use Eliza so she would likely be

Elsie Eliza Daisy S

Which means two names from Elizabeth along with DDs name also a form of Elizabeth :/

I think Elsie Elizabeth Daisy S would sound nice x

I don't associate Elsie and Kelsey at all. Elsie is lovely, love the older style names. How about Elsa, with Elsie as nn??

Elsie is gorgeous and a name in it's own right - Kelsey is a whole other name and more 'chavvy' (not meaning direct offence to anyone with that name, just where I'm from!)

I also love Elsa

We considered Elsie, it's a lovely old lady traditional name which is gaining in popularity - my favourite kind of name!

Haha me and mumof5 basically just said the same thing at the same time x

Would you consider Elsa or Elise, either of which could let your daughter be called Elsie?

I like Elsie and it's a very pretty name, but my one worry would be that the "ie" ending may strike her as a bit girly/childish and may not suit her once she's a grown woman, particularly if she ends up a 40 year old businesswoman, or lawyer, etc...

Elsa and Elise have a bit more adult, womanly oomph but allow you to call her (and her to continue to call herself) Elsie if you/she prefer/s.

Just a thought!

PS: Regardless of the above, Elsie doesn't remind me of Kelsey (which I really don't like!)

I agree, Elsie is lovely and classic and Kelsey is a bit trendy. It's funny how one letter different can transforms a name. Also love Annie, but then again I like your other names you've suggested on here. My favourite combo would probably be Daisy Annie Eliza.

Those of you suggesting Elsa my partner hates it as it reminds him of the word ulcer.
And we like the nickname Sissy which we could use from Elsie as Izzy calls my bump Sissy already :)
& Kelsey is also more 'chavvy' by me x

If you love Elsie Eliza Daisy - I say go for it! Even if it doesn't have the best "flow" - it seems like a name you love, and with special family connection. That's what truly matters!

As for needing a more "grown-up" name for when she's an adult - I think decades from now it will seem perfectly normal for all the baby's named Ellie, Elsie, Daisy, Chloe, Millie, Maisy, Abby, etc to now be 40 year old professionals.

(By the way, since "sissy" is a nickname for "sister" I don't think it's necessary to pick a name that sounds like "sissy." Your daughter can still call her "sissy" even if you name her, say Brenda.)

We do really like it! Just coming up with some other combos & thinking Elsie Grace Eliza S. Or Elsie Rose Daisy S.

Unfortunately Mil and Fil don't like the name so will do their best to put OH off it. Ugh.

I think Elsie is the name!
Just hope I don't see her when she's born and fe guilty for not using Eliza x

I love Elsie, it reminds me of the lovely Elsie Larson from this blog,

https://abeautifulmess.com

Elsie and Eliza are both on my list too so I know how hard it is to choose! My Nana was Alice Elizabeth so I like Elsie Alice Rose and Eliza Alice Rose. Think we'll be going with Elsie though, it's such a lovely name.

Oh yay! I don't know if it makes any difference, but I love Elsie the most out of all the names you've considered. And Izzy and Elsie sounds completely adorable.

Your nan would be proud of you for thinking about her so much! And I'm sure she'd love the name and most of all that YOU love it

Elsie and Eliza are both on my list too so I know how hard it is to choose! My Nana was Alice Elizabeth so I like Elsie Alice Rose and Eliza Alice Rose. Think we'll be going with Elsie though, it's such a lovely name.

Seth and Elsie is just too cute!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->