Email subject help

Zuki

Reaction score
Okay, I'll try and keep this simple.

My dad hasn't spoken to me in ten years, and has cut off the rest of our family as well, his wife objects to our existence and he doesn't have any testicles basically!
He knows I'm married (DH invited him over the phone to our wedding but he flat out declined), but now I'm expecting I'm planning on trying to tell him. The only avenue I have is email, and I'm keeping it short and just the facts. Literally like "Dad, you're going to be a grandfather, we're expecting in Dec. Zuki"

But what on earth do I put in the subject box?! If I leave it blank I think it'll likely end up in the junk folder, he doesn't know my married name so it'll likely look like junk if I use "hello", plus if his wife sees it first there's every chance she'll delete it and not tell him.

So, suggestions anyone?

Only thing I've got so far as a possible is "FYI - Thought you should know"

How about "From your Daughter - Important, Please Read"

You could also set up a knew email account showing your maiden name if your worried about it not being read.

That way he knows it isn't junk and if the wife sees it first, in theory, she won't delete it.

Best of luck.

If she knows its from me she's more likely to delete it before he can read it.

Hmm. That presents a problem.

Do you know where he lives or works? Is it possible for you to tell him in person?

I gather that you hadn't mentioned it as an option that you no longer have contact numbers for him? Is he listed in the phone book?

Maybe Facebook?

Is there anyone that can get a message to him asking him to contact you without his wife interfering?

Sorry, probably not mentioning anything you haven't already thought of.

Wish I could be more helpful.

Best of luck.

What a horrid situation for you Hun. I'd go with 'very important; please read' and ask him to et u know he has seen it-even if it's just an email back? X

Hmm. That presents a problem.

Do you know where he lives or works? Is it possible for you to tell him in person?

I gather that you hadn't mentioned it as an option that you no longer have contact numbers for him? Is he listed in the phone book?

Maybe Facebook?

Is there anyone that can get a message to him asking him to contact you without his wife interfering?

Sorry, probably not mentioning anything you haven't already thought of.

Wish I could be more helpful.

Best of luck.

I know roughly where he lives, but we're talking country when I say roughly! Wouldn't have the first clue how to find out where. No one in the family has contact numbers or address for him anymore. And I couldn't find him on Facebook.

Unfortunately he's cut himself off from the whole family and pretty much all of his friends so I don't even have that option of going through someone else. So email is all I've got.

I miss my dad, this sucks, though funnily enough I miss him more since I found out I was gonna be a mom.

What a horrid situation for you Hun. I'd go with 'very important; please read' and ask him to et u know he has seen it-even if it's just an email back? X

My expectation is to not even receive a reply to be honest, not convinced he would even be willing to tell me he knows.

Well I sent it, went with FAO: Dad's name.

Ridiculously nervous since pressing send, hoping that'll wane by the end of the day!

It really sucks that you are in such a horrid situation.

Hope everything goes really well and you get a positive reaction from him. Quite often a baby is enough to set things right in relationships and bring everyone closer. Hope you are one of the lucky people.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->