Embarassing question....

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
I've just been diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis and given antibiotics to take. Was googling it a bit and it says that washing with soaps and shower gels can cause it.
Just wondering how your meant to wash then? Just a rinse with water? It doesn't feel fresh enough for me! I may try femfresh wash or something but it's so expensive lol!
Sorry for the random thread!!

Don't feel embarrassed. Its something that happens actually very often! A lot of things can irritate our area and cause it. My Dr. told me to just use a non scented wash when cleansing down there. I have heard people say just water down there, but I agree it just doesn't feel clean then.
After switching to a non scented wash when cleaning below, it has helped. Even certain lubricants can cause this infection.. I don't use any flavored lubricants.

As a RN, I was taught to wash my patient's genitals with soap only on the outside and use plain water for the inside of the vagina. I however, do not wash myself like that lol!! I was diagnosed with BV probably 2 years ago when I noticed a fishy smell after sex (tmi)! I was instructed to take antibiotics and to not use perfumed or scented items on my vaginal area. Since I have switched to Dial Soap, I haven't had that problem anymore. I used to use Irish Spring and Caress. I think the use of FDS deodorant spray was what caused BV for me

As a RN, I was taught to wash my patient's genitals with soap only on the outside and use plain water for the inside of the vagina. I however, do not wash myself like that lol!! I was diagnosed with BV probably 2 years ago when I noticed a fishy smell after sex (tmi)! I was instructed to take antibiotics and to not use perfumed or scented items on my vaginal area. Since I have switched to Dial Soap, I haven't had that problem anymore. I used to use Irish Spring and Caress. I think the use of FDS deodorant spray was what caused BV for me

That was my symptom too and also what looked like egg white cm through out my whole cycle! I'd never even heard of it before and apparently it's more common than thrush! Must be a taboo subject!
By inside of the vagina so you mean up inside? I don't go that far- but I do like to lather up the outer parts and make sure they are fresh and clean!
Thanks I'll try Dial Soap too then. Thanks

LOL you made me laugh...no do NOT wash INSIDE your vagina lol:rofl:
and you're welcome! Glad I could help

Soap is not needed down there; apparently our vaginas are "self cleaning"! I used to use femwash but then heard some negative stories about it and decided just use water instead.

I've just been diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis and given antibiotics to take. Was googling it a bit and it says that washing with soaps and shower gels can cause it.
Just wondering how your meant to wash then? Just a rinse with water? It doesn't feel fresh enough for me! I may try femfresh wash or something but it's so expensive lol!
Sorry for the random thread!!

I have tried soaps that are meant for that area and have gotten a bad yeast infection from it.. I just a soap that has no scent and I'm fine.. I have used scented ones and had a few problems but nothing as bad as the soaps your talking about.. And I rinse more then once...

I would try switching soaps for sure. I'm ultra sensitive down there, so I've switched to plain castile soap and use a blow dryer to dry the area lol. May sound silly, but guaranteed I'll get irritated or an infection down there if I try myself with a towel in the lady region.

Blow drying !! Lol might run my straighteners through it too! Kiddin
Ill ty that. Just bought some mild sensitive soap so this will be my new vajayjay soap lol!!

Hi, I use Faith In Nature Feminine Wash, I have used this for years and have always been fine with it. It is natural ingredients so you should try this as it should be fine.

I'm diabetic and if you didn't know diabetics have a tendency to get infections down there(i used to get a yeast infection at least 3 times a year, usually when i was sick and if left untreated would get vaginosis). I use summers eve feminine wash and since i swapped to it i have yet to have an infection which is over a year, i use the sensitive skin one and it is absolutely wonderful

My OB advised to just use plain water instead of using feminine wash or soap when i had a mild yeast infection. I followed her advise but i'm not satisfied with it. I want to feel cleaner so i went back on using soap again.

As for babies, only clean what is seen.

Simply body wash is brilliant to use, it has no perfume in it & is very gentle on the skin. Used to suffer with a lot of problems in that area as very sensitive but since using it haven't suffered much at all :) Good luck xx

Blow drying !! Lol might run my straighteners through it too! Kiddin
Ill ty that. Just bought some mild sensitive soap so this will be my new vajayjay soap lol!!

May sound funny but it's legit!:haha: Towels are no go near my vajayjay and there's not always time to air dry before putting clothes on lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->