Embarrassing TMI question...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Stormynights, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Stormynights

Stormynights DD + Peanut

Ok so for the past few days my vagina has been super itchy, and I thought it was because of the toilet paper we bought. It leaves "pieces" behind, and I thought this was irritating my vagina. Well it's been driving me crazy for like a week, and I've been scratching it a lot.... tonight I asked OH to look at it (I can't see it myself anymore :blush:) because I could feel it was swollen. He said it's super red, it feels like it has bumps on it, and only one of my.... um... lips.... is swollen, and it's pretty badly swollen.

I've also been having a lot of wateryish discharge, I'm wondering if this isn't also irritating my vagina, from it getting too moist. I've tried panty liners, but the cotton gave me a rash. :cry:

2. Sarah24

Sarah24 Mummy to Finley

Sounds like thrush hun xx

3. CKJ

CKJ Well-Known Member

Sounds like thrush hun you should c Dr/midwife for some cream x

4. Sonyalouise

Sonyalouise Well-Known Member

Sounds like thrush. U can get canesten (sp) from a chemist which helps with the itching

When u talk to midwife too they can give u a pessery to insert (tmi) that will clear it up there also

I know it's hard but try not to it itch as makes trust worse

Hugs x

5. Gems89

Gems89 Well-Known Member

Definately thrush, get some natural yoghurt, its cheaper than thrush cream and does the same thing!