emergency appointment :(

Jessie1993

Mother of 2 angel babies
Reaction score
I've been bleeding two weeks, well off and on light spotting. And cramping pretty bad at night only. Went to hospital, UTI and BV (bacterial vaginosis) They believe the baby is fine, every came back fine, he said it looked to be a normal pregnancy! He did a pelvic exam, blood work (5 tubes), and two ultrasounds! Everything came back fine. I'm still waiting on medicaid to start my doctor visits. Well i called the woman's clinic about the bleeding and cramping and she set me up for an emergency appointment for tomorrow! She said something could be wrong. Should i worry? The other doctor said the bleeding and cramping was from the infection or IB.

Hope you sort everything out soon. When you said you're 3 weeks did you mean you've know 3 weeks and you're actually about 5 weeks?
I had spotting throughout most of first tri with my ds.
Xx

I'm not sure! The doctor at the hospital said about 3 weeks.. my baby was still a sac on the ultrasound.

Hopefully the doctor sheds some light on me tomorrow so ill know for sure.

When I first went in for cramps and spotting/bleeding the doctor on call told me is was because I had a bladder infection. I went on antibiotics and it cleared up eventually. But I still kept spotting. I called my ob/gyn and she said the spotting/bleeding was due to the subchorionic hemorrhage I have (it was found the same day my bladder infection was diagnosed but no one told me about it!). This was during week 5.

The bladder infection can cause blood in the urine, but its not going to cause you to spot/bleed and have cramps - the hemorrage will do that. And I continued to spot/bleed and have cramps up until Christmas eve. Since then its been pretty good, so I'm hoping it cleared up.

Ask about a hemorrhage, blood clot, hematoma when you go in. They *should* be able to spot it on an ultrasound if you have one. That is the #1 main cause to spotting/bleeding in pregnancy. And blood in the uterus is an irritant and causes cramps (and at times my cramps were so intense it woke me from the dead of sleep and even had me doubled over in the kitchen). But....baby is ok!

Best of luck!!! Fx

I hope you get some good news at your appt:flower:

Did they test your progesterone levels? If they're low you could get progesterone which *may* relax the cramps. I'm having the same as you cramps and loads of bleeding, I'm on progesterone too to no avail. Don't worry, put your feet up and watch a movie (I know easier said than done - to not worry). Sorry you're going through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->