Emergency Birth of Grace Anne

maratobe

Reaction score
Grace's birth
Started Thursday night at around 6.15pm I was standing in the kitchen about to serve up tea when I suddenly felt a gush come from between my legs and sort of panicked and ran to the toilet... I wiped straight away to see if it was clear or not... It was bright red blood and alot of it!! I kept wiping and the blood kept coming, I yelled out to Isaac and he came running in... I told him to call the hospital straight away. He started calling them while I was still on the toilet trying to figure out how I was going to stop this blood from gushing out!*
Hospital told us to come up straight away obviously... We got in the car and drive straight there! When we went in they wheeled me straight up and put the trace/monitor on me and they found her heart beat straight away... A massive sigh of relief came over me that she was still moving and was still alive!!:cry::cry:
The doctor finally came in after my mum and sister arrived... He did an internal and wanted to know where the blood was coming from. The minute he finished he said 'you won't be leaving without a baby tonight! And I'm afraid the only safe way is to cut her out' I told him to do what needs to be done to make sure she was ok and healthy!*
He explained to me that my placenta has ruptured and it is probably falling away from my uterus! I was shocked because I had my 37 week appointment yesterday and they did an ultrasound and it was all good!!!
So it's now about 7.30pm and they have brought in all these forms for us to fill put and sign! Isaac was very over whelmed and wasn't sure what to do... And truthfully neither was I, I was soo scared about getting the spinal done, more so than I was about having a ceaser done! They eventually wheeled me up to surgery where I really started to shit myself! I was soo scared and so not ready because it was all happening so fast!!:nope::cry:
It was about 8pm when they finally did my spinal! And I was shocked with how much it didn't hurt! I was expecting a massive needle that would just absolutely hurt but all it was, was a lot of pressure and a sting like any other needle! By the time they had finished that and rolled me back onto my back I could hardly feel my legs! I felt all warm and tingerly all over except for my face! It was the most surreal feeling! Going completely numb from my neck down and not having control over Anything!! *When they wheeled me into the operating room, I felt like I was having a really bad nightmare! Then isaac came in, all dressed up in his scrubs lol he looked so scared and so worried!! He held my hand and spoke to me the entire time they were getting her out!*:hugs:
8:42pm we heard it! The tiniest, cutest little cry! Just a few cries at first and then a few more!! I couldn't believe it!! They held her up over the curtain and both Isaac and I were in disbelief that our daughter was out, our daughter was perfect and healthy!!! They stitched me up and Isaac cut the cord and got to watch them clean her up! She didn't cry the entire time they were doing that! Every one kept telling us how small she was and how gorgeous she is! When I finally got out into recovery I held my daughter for the first time and she took straight to my boob! She was half an hour old and she was already latched and sucking down very hard!*:happydance::happydance:
The doctor came and saw me and he said my placenta would not have lasted much longer, he said I was very lucky to get to the hospital when I did because it could have been very dangerous for me and for grace!!
We finally got back up to the ward at about 10pm... My mum and Sam were there waiting! They were in complete shock and in awe that she was out and she was tiny and beautiful!!!
So there it is! My daughter Grace Anne goldsmith was born on the 27th of October at 8:42pm, weighing 6lbs 2ozs 45cms long...with a head full of curly brown hair, green eyes and already a breast feeding champ after feeding 4 times tonight already she has my nose and my mouth and she has her daddy's chin! She is truly a beautiful miracle!!*:cloud9::cloud9:
https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/mara07_photos/DSCF0627.jpg
https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/mara07_photos/DSCF0637.jpg
https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/mara07_photos/DSCF0688.jpg
https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/mara07_photos/DSCF0738-Copy.jpg
https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/mara07_photos/DSCF0742.jpg

She's beautiful! Big congrats hun, sorry it was so scary:hugs:

She's gorgeous!! Congrats, I'm sorry to hear it was so scary. :flower:

Aw congratulation lovely!! She is a beautiful little girl!xx

Scary! But what a beauty! Congratulations!

Grace is adorable glad you are both safe x

First of all let me say how adorable Grace is and what a lovely name too :) that is our chosen name. She is so cute and such a good girl feeding so well.

I'm also sorry it was so scary for you, thanks to your quick reactions and great Doctors you got your Miracle Grace. This same issue with the placenta happened to my MIL 30 odd years ago, MIL made it through just but tragically baby Helen (our babies middle name) didn't make it. So yes I can understand how very dangerous the situation was for you and how grateful you must feel now.

Enjoy your little cherub, can't wait for ours now :) x

thank you!! yeah we now completely understand how dangerous the situation could have become and we thank god everyday for getting her out safely :)

I'm so thankful that everything went the way it is and that you're both safe and healthy. Congratulations on having your little baby there with you! She's so gorgeous and looks so perfect!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->