Emergency C section

megangrohl

Mama to Lily!
Reaction score
I had to have an emergency c section on sunday to deliver my little girl. The experience was a good one. I have a question about the after affects, I have some swelling in my feet and my belly which I am being told is from all the extra fluid from the IVs and the spinal. How long does it take for the swelling to go down? It's quite a bit of swelling and they aren't concerned.

Took me 8 days. When I left the hospital I was only a pound less then when I went in and my baby was 8+ pounds, thats how swollen I was lol. The more water you drink the faster the swelling will go down :)

Thank you, I have been drinking alot of water. I guess I will just have to keep on doing that.

I was lucky, I haven't had much swelling and it went down pretty quickly. Drinking lots of water and elevating my feet helped

hi it took my swelling abt 10 days to totaly go . and i was really swollen . :flower:

thanks i am noticing a difference in my feet overnight. they aren't back to normal but they definitely have changed.

what about the jello tummy? i know lily was a big girl and she stretched me out quite a bit, does anyone know when that jello feeling will go?

also how long until the soreness eases? im on percocet for the pain, and at times the pain is pretty bad.

thanks

I had a c section on the April 21st. My swelling has completely disappeared as of yesterday. I was swollen all the way above my knees. Thankfully my normal legs and feet have returned. My soreness has greatly reduced. I'd say everyday it got a little better altho if I do too much I feel a little sore. But considering its only been a week and a half I think I'm doing good. No Motrin today for me and I'm feeling pretty good. I can get around and move positions without lots of pain, mostly just a little discomfort. Its amazing how quickly the body starts healing. Rest when you need to and drink lots of fluid!
Hope you have a quick and easy recovery.

thank you, i try to rest but its almost impossible now with my new baby girl. i do sleep when i can, when she naps and i've been drinking alot of water. i notice i have been peeing alot more so i am hoping that means my body is cleaning the swelling out. now i guess the next step is getting out of pain.

I had a emergancy c-section on April 17th. Still a little sore in my lower abdomen and some incision pain. Haven't had a pain pill since day 7 Morton since I stopped taking it routinely. It gets easier the more you get up and moving around. Good luck and Congradulations!

Ah yes new baby would make it difficult to get lots of rest. My little girl is in the nicu, born at 35 weeks, nice and healthy just trying to establish her feeding now. The only thing that keeps me awake is I've been pumping every 2 hrs for her.
my jelly belly is definitely shrinking and I was huge. My girl was born at 9lbs 10oz, everyone said I looked like I was having twins. :p
I don't know if expressing is helping but I've noticed my belly getting better day by day. Going back up and in. I had some major overhang over the incision that has been improving. I can actually see the area now without having to pull up on my belly. What an image. Still a bit jiggly but again I see the progress in only a week and a half and can tell my belly won't be so bad especially when exercise becomes a possibility again.
The pain is the worst but it definitely gets better before you know it. Again good luck with recovery!

I hope that rings true for me too. This is quite a bit of pain, without being on my pain killers. It's not the incision that hurts, though.

I had an EMCS on 23rd April to deliver our little girl and had swollen ankles afterwards. Mine now seem to have gone down completely 10 days later and my tummy is also shrinking by the day x

My feet aren't swollen anymore thank god! Its just my jello-ish belly thats left.

i had swollen legs for about a week and even after that it if i did to much would swell up but no one was concerned, just make sure u get plenty of rest and put ur feet up!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->