emergency!!!!!!

baby287

Reaction score
Ladies i need your help.
Oh and i have had sex yesterday and today. I have the implanon but im on antibiotics and COMPLETELY forgot about it and how it cancels.out bc. I do NOT want another baby (probably ever). Wtf should i do?? Iv been spotting for like a month so my cycle is all messed up and im still nursing. Help!!

Morning after pill? Get them from most chemists

Lol @ not wanting another baby lol too funny! I was going to say the same, the Morning After pill...but dont know as you are nursing

I'm not sure. Best thing is just go and ask at the pharmacy

I'm pretty sure antibiotics don't affect implanon/nexplanon :flower:

The pharmacist said to take it. Ugh this is so stressful. Im never having sex again. Lol

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contraception-guide/Pages/antibiotics-contraception.aspx

Do you know what kind of antibiotic it is you're taking?

I was told by my dr that Amoxicillan does NOT affect Implanon. And I did not get pregnant lol. I would not take the morning after pill while breastfeeding. If it contains estrogen it will dry you up and not to mention what will pass on to the baby. I think you will be fine but call your dr

Omg i already took it. I was panicked. Now i want to cry. I shouldn't have taken it :(

Calm down Hun, you'll be fine. The morning after pill is licenced and perfectly safe to use while breastfeeding.

Both the progesterone and estrogen in it may cause a slight dip in milk supply but it will rectify itself in a couple of days. The hormones themself are safe with regards the small amount passed to your baby. Don't worry, as long as you're not popping them daily you have no reason to panic.

:hugs:

I've had antibiotics while I had the implant in and doesn't effect it's reliability. I believe it's just the pill that it effects.

Don't worry you're fine! I remember looking into all the BC methods when deciding which one to use, and when reading up on the implant, it said its reliability is not reduced.

Thanks for the reassurance girls:) you're the best. I feel much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->