Emma

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
Is anyone else enjoying the new Emma? Second part on about now! We're just about to sit down to watch it.

I enjoyed last week's episode, thought it was interestingly cast. The beginning giving a synopsis of everyone's history was a bit odd and I was worried for a moment but then it seemed just normal and like the book. I love the book!

Be still my heart!
Is this another BBC Austen extravaganza!?
I force my long-suffering husband to watch all nine hours of Pride and Prejudice with me at least once a year. I would be so pleased if there were an Emma that was just as good.

It certainly is! I'm a bit confused though as I've read all over in advance of it that Andrew Davies (P&P, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion too I think) was involved but he doesn't seem to be in the credits. Anyway, it was hilarious last night! They've really got the humour of Mr Knightley's opinion of Emma. Gone are the weird incestuous brotherly aspects that many adaptations give. It's so funny! We were laughing out loud.

I have not seen a film Emma that I've been satisfied with yet - I've got high hopes now, PB!

I liked the ITV one best with what's her name with the dark hair, mid '90s, but it had an odd end. I don't think I've actually seen the Gwyneth one though. Knightley's always ancient in them though he's only 35 in the book. That annoys me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->