Encouragement needed - too much focus on what ifs

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My homebirth is booked, sheets & towels bought, snacks for
Midwife stocked up. I'm now 38+2 and my initial relief at getting to 37 weeks to be allowed a hb has now changed to focusing on not goin overdue. Except all I think about is what if I do and how awful being induced will be - almost creating that reality for myself.

Plus this last week I seem to be drawn to sad stories of sb both at hospitals and at home and I keep thinking what if that happens? Will it be my fault for not wanting a hospital birth? Am I selfish? I know deep down I'm not an I've done all the research etc

Its not helping my sister is 4 months behind me and is under consultant led care as her first had shoulder dystocia so all she ever yalks about is csections and being induced and all the what ifs eg I might have a big baby like her and may have shoulder dystocia too.

I'm doing the hypnobirthing Marie mongan style and not getting enough practice with dh as he has been working and very stressed lately. My acupuncture lady said she reckons all the stress will mean I go overdue - what a suggestion to make!!

I just want my beautiful hb before 42 weeks and just need some positive encouragement so I keep my focus positive!

Plus!! I also worry if I end up induced then I may as well go the whole hog and have an epi and that's totally not how I think!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->