End of our journey

lexie1994

Reaction score
I haven't posted on here very much, but in the beginning I found this site amazing support, I've been breast feeding my little girl for a little over a year, and due to finding out we are expecting baby number 2 I decided tandem feeding was something I was not prepared to do, I am unbelievably proud of me and Lexi, when I was in hospital there was no support whatsoever to breast feed and after being in labour since the Monday and finally having her on the Thursday I didn't want to stay any longer, 5 days and I had had enough, they showed me one way to feed her and when I asked for other positions they said that was the only one they recommend and left me to it, in the end I told them I was just going to bottle feed her, and they let us out Friday evening, when I got home I had the determination that I wanted to feed her, I hadn't looked online before I had her about breast feeding as I didn't want to do it whilst pregnant, so I researched as much as possible when I was out, tried different positions and eventually we cracked it, it has not been easy, and I think takes determination and persistence, the support I got was shocking and really upsetting, I live in the place they are doing the trial using cash and because I know the support you get it's ridiculous and I doubt it's going to change the amount of people doing it, even the breast feeding support worker I had didn't know what she was doing, I've spoke to my health visitor about it so she is aware and she has said she will pass the message around her team, and agreed I had no support. We've have had many hurdles we have overcome, at less than a month old Lexi was rushed into hospital with her oxygen levels dropping well under 70% and stopping breathing for long periods of time, she wasn't eating so was tube fed, she was in hospital for just under a week and all the doctors said to me 'be prepared that she won't latch on now, and that if she wouldn't I had done so well' I had expressed for her the entire time she was there and never left her side, but I thought that was it then, but she proved them all wrong and took again amazingly, I've had mastitis 3 times and felt like giving up every time.
I'm sad that it has come to an end but so proud of us both, it was the most rewarding thing I've ever done and so glad I didn't listen to the negative comments I got by some family members and friends, thank you to everyone who helped me in the beginning, I hope this post can give someone the courage to carry on in a time where giving up is the easiest option :) xxx

Well done mommy!!
And congrats on your new pregnancy :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->