Endometriosis anyone???

babyloves

Reaction score
Hello ladies so this is my update so far. So I finally got to see my obgyn for my pelvic pains I have on and off and they did an ultrasound which came back normal but he seems to think I may have Endometriosis just from my symptoms i have been experienced so now I will be having a scope thing done to get a diagnosis and to look at my other female organs so just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and had to get the scope done as well? Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.

I had suspected endometriosis as suffered really bad pains, I had a kidney removed in November so they checked me for that at the same time so and came back that I didnt have it x

Yes. They put you completely out, it takes a few hours, and you'll most likely be discharged that day. Recovery time is 2 weeks. Make sure you will have some help around the house. You won't be able to drive for a little while or do much of anything else.

Depending on the severity of it, it may or may not affect your fertility.

My SD has been diagnosed- we chose not to put her through the scope though (as that is the only sure way to know)- but her symptoms were pretty clear, and putting her on the BC helped a lot. No estrogen BC to keep her periods lighter too- so that is nice. She's just 16 though. So diagnosed really early.

My friend also had it diagnosed at 18- they found out during a surgery she had.

No real advise- but good they are being proactive. Hope all is sorted soon hun :hugs:

What procedure are you calling a "scope?"

I had a laprascopy in Nov of last year and was confirmed Stage 2 endo. I had a lot of the symptoms, but a lot of them I didnt have, so I didnt know if thats what it would be going in....I was told if I wanted kids, I needed to work on that NOW as the longer you wait the more your fertility could potentially be at risk.

The lap was fine. The air bubbles hurt, and your sore, but 1 week off was plenty.

Thanks for the replies...laprascopy is what u am having done..when I was a teen I have harsh periods they were very painful more achey then sharp..after I had my first baby my period cramps were a lot less painful and now I have pain in my pelvic area but its random. I am on BC so idk if that's causing me to have my periods then constantly spotting in between or what but its so irritating bcuz I am constantly bleeding or spotting so idk but my periods are not really painful or anything

Thanks for the replies...laprascopy is what u am having done..when I was a teen I have harsh periods they were very painful more achey then sharp..after I had my first baby my period cramps were a lot less painful and now I have pain in my pelvic area but its random. I am on BC so idk if that's causing me to have my periods then constantly spotting in between or what but its so irritating bcuz I am constantly bleeding or spotting so idk but my periods are not really painful or anything

Mine were also not overly painful or with excessie bleeding. Those are the most common signs, but you may be like me and just not have them. :flower:

I have endometriosis. I was diagnosed when I was 15. Had my first surgery when I was 16 due to very heavy bleeding and very bad pain. I have stage 3. In 2006 at the age of 20 I got pregnant for the first time, sadly ended in a miscarriage. Tried again for nearly 3 years with no success. Ended up having another laparoscopy done in November of 2008. Was put on Clomid in January of 2009 and in February I found out I was pregnant. Spent the first 3 months going in once a week for blood work. I had a healthy little boy in October 2009. I haven't had any issues with my endometriosis since. Most doctors say that once you have a child the endometriosis seems to go into remission. You never get rid of it though. In April 2013 we got pregnant with our little girl and yet again had to have blood work done once a week for the first 3 months. Had a beautiful baby girl in December 2013. I still don't have any issues with my endometriosis.

Have any of u had bad pelvic pain with bad leg achey pains due to endo?

I had pain in my lower abdomen and my back. It felt like someone was repeatedly kicking me in that area. No leg pain though.

I had a laparoscopy in Sept 2008. My symptoms of endo were heavy periods and very painful cramps. I had a scan before the laparoscopy which showed my tubes were distorted. Good luck :hugs:

I had pain in my lower abdomen and my back. It felt like someone was repeatedly kicking me in that area. No leg pain though.

Sometimes my lower back will hurt to more achey then anything and sometimes I get a sharp pain in my lower right pelvic but I do not have pain everyday but I heard sometimes ppl won't experience any pain at all

Morning ladies well me and my hubby did a little bump n grind and now I'm having bad pelvic and lower back cramps ...we didn't do anything different so idk...thoughts?

Yes. They put you completely out, it takes a few hours, and you'll most likely be discharged that day. Recovery time is 2 weeks. Make sure you will have some help around the house. You won't be able to drive for a little while or do much of anything else.

Depending on the severity of it, it may or may not affect your fertility.
Yeah I really want to get my tubes tied lol I wish he could do that while I am out.

I was diagnosed with endo last year and went for a laparoscopy, I was fine afterwords , hardly any pain, the nurse was suppressed when I said that I didn't need any pain killers .
I am in pain mainly when I'm on my period. Ended up in hospital again last month to get cyclizine injection so I could swallow some pain killers ! I've decided I want a hysterectomy . Can't be dealing with the pain anymore but need to wait a while as I'm only 22 and want children ( that is of I can have them)

Had my surgery yesterday and he got all the endo out I go back in about a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->