Endometriosis, fertility and my appointment with the nurse

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Hello, I'm kid of in between the ntnp and waiting to try so didn't know where to post this . We are more not trying then not preventing. But when I was at my appointment today and the nurse ( who knows me out of work ) she asked me if the doc mentioned anything about my fertility . I said that the doc said not to worry about my fertility and I should be ok. But the nurse looked at me a little confused . THen she went on and said that if she was me she would try sooner rather than later. I didn't really think much of it but thinking back , maybe she is trying to tell me something ?

Maybe she's just saying with your endometriosis you will find it harder to conceive even when trying so not to prevent? Xx

I think I might need to bring it up with bf tonight. At the minute we are using the pull out method, but being lazy about it, think bf jut doesn't quite want to fully commit to saying we are trying but we have discussed what would happen if we did fall pregnant and he said he would be happy to become a dad. If that makes sence?

Going to have to properly discuss ttc with him and tell him about what the nurse said

And maybe do your own research and schedule another appointment with the doctor?
Maybe the doctor didn't want you to think you were infertile, but I think he should have explained that it can cause issues.
I would personally be a little worried about ttc with a man that I wasn't married to that wasn't 100% ready to commit to having a baby so that's an important conversation to have.
Xx

I totally get where you are coming from, but I'm not worried about the commitment issue, we are about to sign a mortgage for a house and he has told me on numerous occasion that when he has kids he wants them with me. At the weekend he was saying to my best friend that he is excited to have kids, o take them out and go to the farm etc with them. So I know he wants them, just not sure why he is a little strange about actually ttc. I think I may need to speak to the doc . Will talk to my bf tonight and see what he says. And then possibly book in with the doc.
Thank you for a reply!

I think that men can be a bit funny about ttc, I was lucky with ds that I was on the pill and then I wasn't so there was no difference for dh.
But this time I think not wearing a condom or pulling out would be strange for him.
Xx

I know why you mean, I don't really understand why ttc is such a scary thing. When are you going to ttc ?

Not really sure, there's a whole bunch of reasons for me to stay in wtt til at least the end of 2014/beg 2015. But since we had a surprise bfp and a miscarriage I've been wanting to ttc asap.
We are kind of in between wtt and ntnp.
Xx

I'm glad I'm not the only one between wtt and ntnp. Sounds silly doesn't it? We could be better off waiting till end of the year but we would be happy if it happened before, defiantly think another conversation is due with the bf to see what he thinks. Fingers crossed!

We've done nothing but chat about different options. Yes it does sound silly, think dh though I was mad when I said I didn't want to try but didn't 100% want to prevent either.
We want to sort out our house renovations, maybe move to somewhere bigger.
I could do with getting another smear test after precancerouscell removal etc in June last year.
Xx

I know with endo I was told to NOT WAIT, NOT EVEN 3 MONTHS. I had a lap in 2012 when endo was microscipic and a year later at the second lap I was Stage 2 with a blocked tube; Dr said this was aggressive progression for just a years time and if I wanted to conceive then I better get with it.

Not to scare you, just to explain with the endo...

I want to get my house organised too! And i have one to build !

I had a lap in August, was told it was mild but if I'm honest my doc has been pretty useless . She hasn't really helped me. I think if I do get positive response from bf tonight I will book in with the doc.
How did you find ttc with endo ?

I want to get my house organised too! And i have one to build !

I had a lap in August, was told it was mild but if I'm honest my doc has been pretty useless . She hasn't really helped me. I think if I do get positive response from bf tonight I will book in with the doc.
How did you find ttc with endo ?

Had lap in Nov, began TTC in Jan, and conceived on 2nd cycle of TTC in Feb. The closer you try to TTC after you've had a lap, the better your odds. I as told to expect it to take a year, and was shocked that it didnt.

I'm so glad you didn't have a long time ttc :) won't be long until you have the little one !
I'm worried that the longer I leave it the worse it will get and we will regret not trying sooner. Because we are 22 and 23 and no one our age is really having kids I think that's why bf isn't quite sure about ttc right away. But I just don't won't to risk leaving it too long .
Also my family have a background of early menopause around 40. I am worried that this may also play a part if I wait to closer to 30. All the women in my famil had kids in there early 20s but mum fell pregnant when she was 26 which was a miscarriage which also makes me think that I I wait until I'm mid 20s I may struggle, does that sound ridiculous ?

Endo is not a fully understood problem - and medical staff seem to have differing information depending on when and where they trained.

I had a doctor tell me the same thing your nurse told you last Monday just as I was coming around from the laparoscopy that confirmed the diagnosis.

So I wasn't in the *best* frame of mind to hear it I will admit...

But just do what feels right for you.

I conceived Nathan within 6 months of trying (in the 6th month) and according to that same doctor that shouldn't have been possible - well it was - and I was 28 so...

My lap has me at moderate - severe and so I'll need laser surgery apparently - I'm booked for an MRI next month.

If it's to help TTC then I'll put off future surgery til next year then TTC asap after it...

Hi girls i have to go in for another lap next week for Endo this will be my third my doc wants me to ttc asap and she said you wont know if you will have problems until you try. My oh wants to wait until jan 2015 so hopefully it doesn't affect my fertility. It really is worrying and i am in my 30s �� its not nice not knowing

Hi girls i have to go in for another lap next week for Endo this will be my third my doc wants me to ttc asap and she said you wont know if you will have problems until you try. My oh wants to wait until jan 2015 so hopefully it doesn't affect my fertility. It really is worrying and i am in my 30s �� its not nice not knowing

Our original plan was to wait til N turned 3 (so May 2015) then TTC. I'm praying that if my final diagnosis is bad that my DH will agree to move it forward to Jan 2015. I'm 32 next May so I need to get my skates on, so I understand your fears :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->