Endometriosis

CheekyChick

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Had a break from this site for a while, trying to forget the ttc thing and hoping it would just happen if I wasn't overthinking everything! Well it still hasn't happened...We've been ttc for 2 years (using clearblue fertility monitor). We are both 38. My partner had a sperm analysis done a year ago and it wasn't optimal. The doc suggested insemination but due to work pressures etc we decided to wait and hope it would happen naturally- which it hasn't. My partner just had another sperm test and it came back really bad, worse than a year ago. The doctor can't understand it and he even went for a retest...So we have a problem on his side to begin with.
I've been having some irregular bleeding so have just had a laparoscopy to check my tubes and a d & c to investigate the bleeding. it turns out I have endometriosis on the inside and outside. The doc removed it on the outside. My tubes are clear but not as optimal as they should be due to the endometriosis. So even insemination is not an option, the doc said, and we should go straight to icsi. He suggested I take the contaceptive pill for 3 months before we do icsi to "calm down" the endometriosis a bit. I really don't want to go on the pill, I was on it for 15 years before ttc and don't want to mess my body up again (I ovulate regularly). Also, after the d&c I was told I would be more fertile. I know the chances are slim of me getting pregnant but still, if I am on the pill they would be nill...Also I don't see why taking it would be beneficial as we have to do icsi anyway???
Does anyone have any experience with endometriosis? Apart from the irregular bleeding I have no problems. Would going on the pill for 3 months make icsi any more likely to work? If I can I would rather try and treat it naturally, is there anything i can do?
Thanks for any advice, feeling completely hopeless at the moment:cry::cry:

Thanks for your reply. I know how you feel, I'm freaked out aswell...We are waiting until March becaude we are planning on getting married and in Germany the health insurance covers most of the icsi when you're married, otherwise you have to pay the full treatment and we can't afford it :( so the doctor suggested going on the pill until then. But my gut instinct about going back on the pill is no no no!!! Seems counterproductive to what we are trying to achieve:wacko:
Have you had a laparoscopy to diagnose the endometriosis? Wishing all the best for you xx

The thing with endo is it spreads and can get worse every month. Studies have shown that when on the pill it does not spread or does very little.

The endo itself is like having scar tissue so the more you have the harder it is for your eggs to implant.

Did your doc tell you what level of endo you have? You could always have it removed again before your IVF.

Maybe even consider trying one month then the Pill for 2

Thanks for replying, I might try for a month like you say and then try the pill...although I'm thinking of getting a second opinion and trying natural medicine, really don't like the thought of the pill!

Kismet, maybe you should insist on a laparoscopy. It's the best way to diagnose endo and the procedure itself is no big deal. Then at least you would know for sure and to what extent you have it. I was on the pill from age 18 to 35 (phhh if only I had known!!!) and had no trouble coming off but really don't want to start on it again...
Anyway wishing you all lots of luck, I never thought it would be this hard! xxxx

I've had endo removed twice one time in 2010 an then just a few weeks ago. I've also had other things done an now we're ttc once again.

I got pregnant shortly back in 2010 after having endo removed. If your going to try an get pregnant I would say go for it after having the endo removed as your the most fertile for 6 months. I've got stage 1 endo both times remove. Plus this time found a fibroid an it wasn't removed due to will not cause issues.

We're been ttc our 3rd child for a year an half an nothing so I told our RE I wanted another lap done as I feel my endo has came back due to what all being going through. Now after have our 3rd if get pregnant then i may go on the pill but not sure if going on the pill later or not at this time still undecided..

Endo keeps coming back an it can cause lots of pain or sometimes no pain at all. Ladies can have endo at stage 3 an have no pain others can have lots of pain an others can be a stage 1. Endo affects women different. With stage 1 endo this time I had lots of pain, cramping, direharra before period would start an at times I had so much pain would cry. When would start my period I would pass huge clots an lots of cramping for a few days. If I can find my notes about what all endo has caused me in pain I'll post it if like to read it.

I hate endo!!!!!!! it's a pain in rear....... Here is a link all about endo an what it does.
Why does endometriosis cause infertility! https://www.endo-resolved.com/infertility.html

Does you male partner have issues with sperm?

If so what is it?
We've battled with lsc with my Dh but now it's perfect. My DH takes clomid for low testosterone an it's help greatly plus he takes lots of vitamins.

Thanks for your response biggerfamily! I don't know what stage endo I have or exactly where, he said it was inside and out (of where?) and he removed it on the outside but it's not possible on inside, and my tubes aren't blocked but not as good as they should be due to endo..., it was all a big blur so I'll have to make another appointment to discuss it. Was just majorly p'd off and didn't ask any of the questions I should have!! I don't get painful periods but about 7-10 days before my period (always in 2nd half of cycle, after ovulation) I get bleeding, usually after BD (it's very unpleasant!)
and then I have a few days with what seems like period pain and then everything disappears and then my period comes at the regular time (but usualy quite short). Your story is inspiring though, to know you already have children. I would be grateful for any experíences you'd like to share. I read something about angnus castus helping endo, have you tried it?
I just feel like the baby thing is never going to happen. My partner also has a problem with his sperm, he just had it retested a month or so ago and it was even worse than last time: lowish count, no quick swimmers at all, only 10% normal swimmers and most have a funny shape (sorry, don't know all the correct terminology!!). That's why they said try ICSI and now I have a problem aswell and at 38 I haven't got time to mess around...And becuase we're not married yet we have to pay ICSI ourselves as it's only available under health insurance in Germany to married couples...fell panicky...
Thanks for listening anyway and good luck :flower:

I would do as milty suggests try for one and take for two..The endo also creates a toxic environment for embies so you really do want it calmed dwon if you don't have it removed.

Thanks for your response biggerfamily! I don't know what stage endo I have or exactly where, he said it was inside and out (of where?) and he removed it on the outside but it's not possible on inside, and my tubes aren't blocked but not as good as they should be due to endo..., it was all a big blur so I'll have to make another appointment to discuss it. Was just majorly p'd off and didn't ask any of the questions I should have!! I don't get painful periods but about 7-10 days before my period (always in 2nd half of cycle, after ovulation) I get bleeding, usually after BD (it's very unpleasant!)
and then I have a few days with what seems like period pain and then everything disappears and then my period comes at the regular time (but usualy quite short). Your story is inspiring though, to know you already have children. I would be grateful for any experíences you'd like to share. I read something about angnus castus helping endo, have you tried it?
I just feel like the baby thing is never going to happen. My partner also has a problem with his sperm, he just had it retested a month or so ago and it was even worse than last time: lowish count, no quick swimmers at all, only 10% normal swimmers and most have a funny shape (sorry, don't know all the correct terminology!!). That's why they said try ICSI and now I have a problem aswell and at 38 I haven't got time to mess around...And becuase we're not married yet we have to pay ICSI ourselves as it's only available under health insurance in Germany to married couples...fell panicky...
Thanks for listening anyway and good luck :flower:

Is your partner on any type of vitamins?

If not it would be great to get him on some as it can help the swimmers big time. I'm so sorry your going through this stuff as it's no fun. Can your partner have blood work done to check his testosterone levels? I can't remember if I ask you that or not. If did I'm sorry for asking again.

If you want a list of what my DH vitamins is I'll share it with you. Our RE agree it a great list of vitamins to take. All my DH takes helps his swimmers in different ways Also make sure you partner doesn't sit a laptop on his lap, drinks plenty of water, cut down on caffeine an alcohol as to much caffeine or alcohol can cause lots of issues with sperm. Plus if he likes fresh oranges have him to eat fresh oranges to as it helps the sperm.

I hate endo as it just such a big pain. I wished they find a cure or something for it. About every woman I've spoken to around here has had this or just found out they have it. Endo affects millions of women a year. You asked me did I take anything for it. Not at this time.

I wish you lots of luck an if you like to ask me any questions your welcome to an if I know the answer I will tell you.

Good Luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->