Engagement Party Rant

Snow Owl

Reaction score
OMG why is hosting a party such a stressful thing??

We had our engagement party last night and as much as I did have a lovely time I've just counted 35 people who RSVP'd yes didn't come! No wonder we had so much bloody food left over!! Out of them only 5 actually contacted me to say they couldn't come, but that was only last night so still had paid for them!!

And then there's the future MIL who wouldn't put LO down last night as she wanted to play doting grandparent. My family (aunts, uncles etc) have never met him and all they got was to spot him across the room as MIL actually started winging and having a pouty session every time we took him off her. She at one point actually picked him up off a friend of mine and walked off! I didn't see it, but heard about it later. So annoyed, really need to learn to stand up to the woman.

And then my future darling husband. My mum took LO home so we could have a relaxing breakfast and a nice day together (picking him up at 5 tonight). Someone got so drunk last night he can't leave the house as he's throwing up every 20 minutes so we can't go anywhere! I've just said I'll tidy the house then as there is nothing for me to do and he's offered to help. I've told him if he's well enough to housework then he's obviously just not wanting to go out with me and just wants me to be a little housewife. I'm so annoyed. This is the first time since we've had LO that we've had a few hours to ourself and we won't get it again for months and he's ruined it :(

And rant over... :(

Ah hun. Hope things improved after you'd both had time to calm down a bit :hugs:

Oh big hugs!!
Fingers crossed he doesnt do the same on your wedding day!!

Well it always pays to look at the positives! Lol

We've managed to cut the wedding guest list down due to this :)

Oh and OH went and sobered himself up so we could still go out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->