• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Engorgement

icegurl470

Reaction score
I had my baby early in the morning on thursday. My milk started to come in Saturday and I've been super engorged. It's really getting me down. I went thru the same thing with my first but I remember it getting better after two days and I'm going on 4 days. I nurse on demand but sometimes I have to encourage her to nurse, even if it hasn't been that long, because its the only thing that softens them up and somewhat relieves the burning throbbing swollen leakyness. I've tried pumping but it really hurts and doesn't seem to relieve it that well. Baby is able to latch but sometimes it takes awhile and she gets upset and its obviously painful for me :cry: is anyone else going through this? Please tell me I'm not alone and my body will regulate soon.

Have you tried hand expressing a small amount off? I remember the pain well, just keep reminding yourself it will be short lived x

I agree Hun I was suffering with this I the first week and found that standing in the shower massaging the sore areas helped, it got the engorgement to shift without stimulating the nipples x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->