Enjoying NTNP :) anyone else?

20isplenty

Reaction score
After joining here I am no longer confused as I have learnt I am just NTNP =] Just wondered how does anyone else who is NTNP feel about it considering the pressure society puts on us about either being on contraception or not? x

Erm, I'm NTNP so we're not using contraception. I guess you are always either on contraception or not. Sorry if I'm being thick!

Yeah I am enjoying NTNP!

I know what you mean! It's sort of scary but liberating to stop controlling your own fertility with contraception. I'm fully ready to TTC while hubby is wanting to wait a few months, so we've compromised on NTNP but avoiding the most fertile 5 days. So it makes me happy because there's still a small chance of pregnancy and he's happy as chances are it'll take a few months anyway! Also means I get to look forward to the date AF is due to see if there is a nice surprise without pinning all my hopes on it because we've been actively 'trying' if that makes any sense :)

I know what you mean! It's sort of scary but liberating to stop controlling your own fertility with contraception. I'm fully ready to TTC while hubby is wanting to wait a few months, so we've compromised on NTNP but avoiding the most fertile 5 days. So it makes me happy because there's still a small chance of pregnancy and he's happy as chances are it'll take a few months anyway! Also means I get to look forward to the date AF is due to see if there is a nice surprise without pinning all my hopes on it because we've been actively 'trying' if that makes any sense :)
well i was on the implant ant it gave me HORRIBLE side effects, its been out 2 weeks now, first 5 days i was on and since ive not been on me and my OH have been NTNP , but because ive not had a proper cycle for the 2 years implant was in i dont know my most fertile days etc. and have decided not to try and work it out if it doesnt happen within this month so we will see :winkwink:

Well, we are DTD as and when we want but it is not loads at the moment (we have an active toddler, DH works 12 hour night shifts and I am at Uni full-time so it is fairly tiring, plus we co-sleep so have to DTD before bed, lol) but at the same time I am not having periods because I am still BF'ing but could ovulate any time. If I am honest I find it really stressful because of not knowing anything. With TTC (I personally count DTD a lot even if not tracking ovulation as TTC) you are waiting for a BFP and with preventing you do not expect it but NTNP is a bit all over the place to me. :shrug:

Glad, some of you are loving it though. :thumbup:

I know EXACTLY what you mean:thumbup:

We're currently NTNP, I've just stopped my BC and we're using the pullout method which is a nice way to ease us in. But OMG taking charge of your fertility is very liberating, I feel like when I was younger AF was an annoyance, now it's reassuring that my body is working ok. Obviously I wouldn't mind AF not showing her face :happydance: so yes, I'm very much enjoying NTNP. Wouldn't it be nice to get a BFP while NTNP and bypass all the potential stress of TCC. Baby dust to you all xxxxx

Baby2012 - I LOVED having my first AF in years, and am like an excited kid today as right on time got a faint second line on an OPK when they've always been totally blank before. I'm amazed my body appears to work the way it should do! Like you, as a younger woman my periods were an annoyance and something I wanted to get rid of, now I actually have educated myself about m cycle and fertility etc it's fascinating knowing what's going on in there at each stage!

Fingers crossed we all get our BFPs when we want them (sooner rather than later!) :kiss:

I know EXACTLY what you mean:thumbup:

We're currently NTNP, I've just stopped my BC and we're using the pullout method which is a nice way to ease us in. But OMG taking charge of your fertility is very liberating, I feel like when I was younger AF was an annoyance, now it's reassuring that my body is working ok. Obviously I wouldn't mind AF not showing her face :happydance: so yes, I'm very much enjoying NTNP. Wouldn't it be nice to get a BFP while NTNP and bypass all the potential stress of TCC. Baby dust to you all xxxxx
totally agree ! for me i feel like Im finally giving my body a "break" after all the years on BC and just letting it do its natural thing :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->