enlarged liver

soontobe3

Reaction score
hi i had to be taken into.a&e last wednesday as had horrendous stomach pains just like when i had gallstones. i had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago and no problems til 2 montgs ago. tge doctor did bloods and examined me and found a mass and suad my liver is enlarged and my liver function tests were raised. i dont drink much maybe couple glasses of wine a week and some weeks nothing. i dont take much paracetomal. anyone elae had tgis and what was it? i have to go for a scan and repeat bloods.

Hi, I have an enlarged liver it was found because i had pre e when pregnant but continued after with raised bp and abnormal lfts been going on a year and a half and I was then diagnosed with nafld ( non alcaholic fatty liver disease) im now on a high dose of vitamin e and have some weight to loose. Hope they get to the bottom of whats causing it for you xx

thank you for your reply, i am currently at weight watchers and trying to loose weight. what is the vitamin e for? x

Hey, the vitamin e is to help reverse some of the damage to some of the liver. Xx

I had that prob last year. My liver was so big I stop sleeping on my stomach. They did blood test, urine test ect and didn't find anything weird. They did an ultrasound and they couldn't find the prob but what worry me the most was that the tech asked me if I had a surgery on my liver because she saw an scar and I said no. So I have no idea of wth she saw! My biggest prob was that I was preg when all this was happening so the docs when your preg they don't wanna pay attention to you because they assume that all your probs are coming from the baby -.-.. I had an MRI done and they found out that I had lil bit of fat in my liver but it was not that much to cause that much probs. The funny thing is when I was 5 month preg all my probs went away and my liver went back to normal... My liver was almost 15 cm more than normal. Normal liver has a size of 7CM mine was away bigger... Do not sleep on it because they can't find a prob doesn't mean you dont have a prob!! I dont drink, smoke or take drugs. I am healthy!

I akways wondered if you can get repeated gallstones after having your gall bladder removed, i was also rushed in a+e last year with enlarged liver, had suffered painful attack for a year, and they ended up taking me down to remove gallbladder, my liver was so enlarged, had no problem until now, i cannot lie flat in bed i have to sleep propped up with pillows or else il wake with a painful attack, sweats and feeling like i want to vomit, pain in right shoulder blade and upper abdomin pain like being crushed, thinking about going back the doctors, have another scan done to see if any more stones, put it of cos i hate having that camera down my throat, but they detected i also had stomach gastritis due to many ibuprofen years ago, this was all caused through having my daughter she was u huge baby, had no problems before, all started right after birth, scares me having anymore and always wanted 1 more, time for us to change our diet and eat healthy to avoid these nasties i dont want liver disease :(

just to update, i was admitted with awful pain last week. same pain as when i had gallstones but have had my gallbladder removed. they did n ultrasound and my liver looks normal. spleen wad a little large and liver function tests still high. i am going for an mri scan and a gastoscopy ad they still don't know what's wrong. possibly stones in my bile duct.

Liver can be damaged by things other than alcohol - a diet that contains lots of sugar, fat, processed food or fizzy pop can also be damaging factors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->