Enough already, is this a cord or a willy??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I've posted my 12 wk scan pics before and was told that the thing sticking out was a cord, now people are saying it's a willy!! What do you think, and how can you tell?? If it is a boy, how terrible a mother am i to not recognise a willy! LOL

My 20 wk thumbsucking darling is in my profile pic too :)

xx

12 week scan 001.jpg photo.jpg

i really dont think you can see a willy from a 12wk scan, its just too small. Even highly exprienced techs cant tell sex until at least 15-16wks. Not a bad mother lol, I just really dont think you'd be able to see it that early x

Honestly i would say cord. Not that its not a boy, but wilys dont stick out like that lol THe position is more likely a cord too unless his willy is already up to his belly button! . hehe And if you did not wnt to know the sonographer would not give you a pic where you could clearly see.

To see if its a willy they look inbetween the legs and generally see 3 little things (meat and 2veg lol) rather than looking for a stiky up bit! haha!

Until 14 weeks or later all babies have very similar parts - they all looks like boys with a little nub. . .so that could still be a girl (or the cord) and her nub sticking out.

:)

I watched a program about genetics and they told the lady on it at 12 weeks that she was having a boy. Also if you read up it says that the willy moves down from the belly through out the pregnancy lol. Although I think that on the picture it looks very long to be a willy unless he's going to have a massive one :)).
Its interesting as when I had 12 week scan she kept saying he hes moving loads hes this hes that and I also thought they couldn't tell until I watched that program. I think they don't like to say so early. Time will tell I have my 20 week scan on 22nd June so I might be shocked if they say its a girl, I'm keeping my mind open but can't help thinking about a boy lol.

Lol, my 12 week scan picture looks like my baby has a giant erection! It's just the cord though

I was told by my ultrasound tech that the cord looks very different to them, she said it looks like it has bubbles in it.. not sure what that means, but I can't imagine a seasoned ultrasound tech wouldn't know the difference :thumbup:

Looks like the cord to me, as you can see it continue to wrap around baby's leg. That would be an awfully big willy....

I didn't think you could see the cord all that well. I have had 3 US and never sw the cord. I say looks like a boy.

Didn't they check the sex for you at the 20 week ultrasound? or do you not want to know? I would say that is the cord for sure.

you can tell the sex (when it is a boy ) at 12 weeks scan ...they find it for both of my boy but they usually said it is 70 to 80 % sure and will confirm it at a 16 weeks scan .

for me that pic looks more like the cord as for my of both boys when they see the most are the testicules actually and then a tiny bit of little worm .

actually i think it looks like the other leg to me
12 week scan 001.jpg
I highlighted what i see in the picture

id go with the other leg. its definitely not a penis, at 12 weeks the penis is not that big, its literally just a stump. check the link out;https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

With ultrasound, the picture isnt at the same brightness level across as its 2d, so that to me looks like the leg even though its brighter and looks further forward. Theres not really depth to normal scans

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->