Enough milk?

noon_child

Reaction score
Just thought I'd start this thread to offer support to anyone breastfeeding who is stressing about whether their LO is gaining enough weight or getting enough milk.

So...I happened to click on the formula feeding forum when aiming for the bf one and lo-and-behold saw threads all from Mum's who are worried that they don't know what size bottle to offer, or their friends LO takes more/less ounces per feed, or their HV told them off for baby's weight.

Just goes to show that whatever we do we are all in the same boat, trying to do our best and feeling insecure about it. There are no magic fixes and being the best Mum you can doesn't mean being perfect.

I worry about my supply all the time lol. And everything related to breastfeeding. My daughter is still alive but I am CONSTANTLY worried she's not getting enough, it's awful!!!

Her weight gain was huge for the first six to eight weeks but has recently slowed and she has dropped a centile. I think this is probably normal as I had terrible oversupply to begin with so she had no choice but to gain fast. But I still worry. I'm hoping she will follow this curve from now on ... eek. She's big and ridiculously strong, alert, vocal, bright and busy ... she wets her nappies and does huge poops. She hardly ever cries. Everything points towards her being perfectly healthy - it's silly how much fear that stupid chart strikes into my heart! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->