equal preference system.. HELP

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

we are currently applying for primary schools and im in a bit of a pickle! My absolute favourite school is the furthest away and we are literally the other side of the park from their catchment area but based on last years admissions theres a VERY slim chance of my son getting a space.

but our area runs a equal preference system so the schools dont know if people put them down 1st 2nd or 3rd

so my question is should i put them in order of my favour (1st being our least likely school to get a place) or should i put our closest down first?

surely with the equal preference scheme it wont make a difference what order i put in as to whether he gets a space so should i put in favourite order?

Put them in order of your favourite first etc because the schools don't know where they are placed. That way if there is a space at your favourite then you will get it but if you haven't put it first and there is a space at the one you have put first, you will get that one instead.

Basically the LA use your list to see which schools can offer you a place based on their entrance criteria and then go down your list of preferences till they find the first school that can offer you a place. You then only get this offer - you don't get to find out if you could have had a place somewhere else or a list of places to choose from. You just get 1 place which you can then refuse if you don't want it but then you have to wait for a place to come up somewhere else.

Def put favourite first x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->