ERF help

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
hi girlies, i am trying to find a rearfacing car seat for leyla that goes up to 25kg(ish) and is installed only by seatbelts, i travel a lot in taxis as i dont have my own car so i cant get one that has the back pole and belts that go round the front seats cos theres no way a taxi man would wait half an hour for me to put teh seat in lol, i seen a lot that just attach to the isofix but once again, how can i be sure that every taxi will have isofix, i know at least every taxi has seatbelts lol, but i cant seem to find one that erfs and is only installed with seatbelts, has anyone seen one?

:hugs:

x

I'm not familiar with your seats but I would email the guy at carseat.se he'll be able to recommend a good one for you that will last you a long time but works well in diff types of cars :)

I was just sitting here like.. ERF..WTH?! But then I worked it out.

I'm going to pay attention to this thread :) xx

I think you just use this contact form
https://www.carseat.se/contact-us/

aww he emailed me back and said basically there is no such car seat and they all need further restraints :( looks like im gna have to get a forward facing one after all, im just glad we dont really go in cars that much

x

That's a pity... NZ doesn't have any legal carseat that can only be attached with the seatbelt, the capsules do and booster seats do but no carseat does.

Are you sure you wouldn't be able to fit any other kind? Ours is isofix but it only takes a few mins to put in - do the isofox thing, lock a stand bit into the floor and then turn a ratchet thing to push it into the actual car seat, I'm sure it could be done in a few minutes. I imagine seat belt ones are similar?

I would call the company you usually use, find out if theirs do :) I thought there were some ERF seats that were just seatbelt?

nah he said he couldnt recommend them as they are not as safe without all the other bits x

Well maybe you could use a taxi company that has most of its cars with isofix but also get a seat that will do FF if necessary? Ours (the BeSafe isofix one) is isofix when RF but you can use it FF with the seatbelt instead of the isofix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->