Ergh I have the flu :(

highhopes19

Reaction score
I have the dreaded flu :cry:

I ache all over, sore throat, heads banging, fever- shaking one minute sweating the next :dohh:.

I've even had to take the day off work but I felt so crappy, my dad picked me and Isabelle up at midday and I'm resting in their spare room whilst him and my mum watch Isabelle... I'm so greatful but feel useless not sure how I'd cope like this with 2 little ones :blush: I'm a massive wimp when I'm ill :blush:

Is flu something to really worry about, I haven't had a flu jab :nope:.

I'm so sorry you feel so rotten, its hard when you're pregnant, I've just got over a terrible cold and sore throat and I'm 5 weeks, hope you feel better soon xxxx

Hope you feel better soon.
The flu jab only protects you against one strain of flu so even if you had a jab, it doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't get it.
A true case of flu will see you in bed for a couple weeks at least, you may just have a bad virus.
I had flu once in my life, apart from getting to the bathroom I was in bed or on the sofa for 3 weeks...I could barely eat or do anything, it was horrible!

Hope you feel better soon.
The flu jab only protects you against one strain of flu so even if you had a jab, it doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't get it.
A true case of flu will see you in bed for a couple weeks at least, you may just have a bad virus.
I had flu once in my life, apart from getting to the bathroom I was in bed or on the sofa for 3 weeks...I could barely eat or do anything, it was horrible!

Aw fingers crossed its just a virus then, Isabelle had it since the weekend and perked up a bit today she's still groggy but nothing like she was, I'm hoping it just lasts a couple of days.

I hate being ill I'm such a baby :blush:

:hugs:

Aww poor you! Hope you feel better soon xx

As pp said, it may just be a virus. I had the flu three years ago and was off my feet for weeks. Couldn't eat, drink properly or really even get out of bed. Hope that's not the case for you xxx

Flu jab actually protects against 4 most common strains. It's not your baby flu hurts it's you, it can cause respiratory issues and be bad because of your compromised immune system, but if you have proper flu you won't be able to get out of bed at all and well feel really awful not just like a heavy cold, and if you do have proper flu your should phone your doctor (don't turn up just phone them). Most people will recover without issues but as a pregnant women you might need antivirals.So if you think it's proper flu phone your gp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->