Erica Sarah Roberts Birth Story

dannydustcart

Reaction score
Well.. ladies i got my home birth.

I had a sweep on sunday 10th may at lunch time. And afterwards we went to a boot fair. My midwife had told me that I may experience cramping and a bloody show afterwards so the fact that i felt uncomfortable was dismissed.
Anyway... i felt too off to have dinner at four, and my OH went to work at 4.30....
However, by about 7 i felt awful, the backache just kept coming. But i was still oblivious. I even rung the midwife and said how do i tell the difference between labour and cramping. She told me that if i wasin labour that i would struggle to talk to her.
ironic really because I WAS in labour, contractions are 4 mins apart but still barable.
By 8pm when oh come home they got bad! I struggled to cope and asked to go to hospital. But the midwife said i was 5cm dilated and there was no time.
Erica was born at 10pm after 7 pushes and gas and air.
:)
I am very pleased to have had her at home. Although ill never look at my living room the same again!!

Thanks to snetty for texting me when i was a bit frightend!

She weighed 7lb 12. and shes perfect.

congrats i hope my labours like yours haha

Congrats hunny. I am so pleased you got your home birth and that you went into labour naturally. I've seen her pics on facebook and she is so beautiful, well done xx

Aww congratulations! Great to hear you had the home birth you'd planned for :) x

Wow, 7 pushes!!!

Hope my labour goes like yours!

Congratulations, xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back