Erm.. Odd...

mommieof22007

Mommy OF Two
Reaction score
These have been ALL over my daughter for a while.. At FIRST I thought That they were Just Bug Bites, But they are literally all over her, her ped said they are "Bug' bites But I DO NOT believe that.. because shes NEVER messed with ANY Of her bug bites b4

https://i33.tinypic.com/2e3zbrb.jpg:hissy:

:( Not sure what they are hun but hope you get to the bottom of it! X

Looks like bed bug bites to me. Often in children you will notice a cluster of bites because they move so often that the bug will move to another spot and bite. Best way to determine if they are bed bugs is have a flashlight in bed with you and around dawn try not to move much and turn it on. They are pretty slow so you should be able to see at least one before it gets away. Has anyone gone away recently? There has been a major epidemic of them recently in hotels so that is why I ask. It doesn't matter if your house is bleached clean and spotless, they don't care as long as they eat. Worst things about them is that they breed like wildfire with the female being able to lay roughly up to five eggs a day so you can do the math and almost nothing short of spraying them directly, squashing them, putting rubbing alcohol on them or extermination. I wish I had pictures of what our bites looked like when we had them. My BIL went away in Feb. and must have brought some back with him and by July we were literally infested, to the point I wasn't sleeping at night. In the end it took us an inspection of $80, 3 treatments of $260, a lot of grief and about 2.5 months to get rid of them. They are harmless, but annoying and like mosquitos leave itchy welts.

o0o i will have to try that... i know when timmie was in the crib he had them too , GrRr, Thanks for the info..

Looks like bed bug bites to me. Often in children you will notice a cluster of bites because they move so often that the bug will move to another spot and bite. Best way to determine if they are bed bugs is have a flashlight in bed with you and around dawn try not to move much and turn it on. They are pretty slow so you should be able to see at least one before it gets away. Has anyone gone away recently? There has been a major epidemic of them recently in hotels so that is why I ask. It doesn't matter if your house is bleached clean and spotless, they don't care as long as they eat. Worst things about them is that they breed like wildfire with the female being able to lay roughly up to five eggs a day so you can do the math and almost nothing short of spraying them directly, squashing them, putting rubbing alcohol on them or extermination. I wish I had pictures of what our bites looked like when we had them. My BIL went away in Feb. and must have brought some back with him and by July we were literally infested, to the point I wasn't sleeping at night. In the end it took us an inspection of $80, 3 treatments of $260, a lot of grief and about 2.5 months to get rid of them. They are harmless, but annoying and like mosquitos leave itchy welts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->