Esmèe or Olivia

Gem09

Reaction score
Hi ladies

So I thought me and my Hubby had agreed on Olivia for our Daughter due in November but now I've heard another name, Esmèe, and I love it!

Our first Daughter is called Eve and I love how it's not that common whereas Olivia seems to be really popular at the moment and I don't think Esmèe is that popular!

If we decide to call her Esmèe, both daughters will have same initials which I thinks cute.

Which name do you ladies prefer?

Xx

Esme/Esmee for me, Olivia is so popular where we live, much like Isabelle/Isabella was a few years back.

Yeah Olivia is really popular where we live! Think I am leaning towards Esmee now, it is a really nice name!

Just noticed you are due same month as me, I'm due the 9th Nov.

Xx

I really like Olivia - I think it's popular for a reason, because it's a gorgeous name!

Would you be using the accent on Esmée? I think that might be hard to enforce?

I've always loved Olivia, it's a really lovely name!

If we have Esmee i would pronounce it Ez-mee!

Xx

I prefer Esmé (with the acute accent so it's pronounced Ez-may). Never seen Esmèe pronounced Ez-mee before.

Generally if you drop the accent people will still pronounce it Ez-may (at least where I'm at).

I've heard the name where I live and we pronounce it Ez-mee.

Suppose the pronounciation differs in each country! Xx

I have a feeling we will go with Olivia especially as my daughter keeps saying my little sister Olivia is in Mammys tummy xx

I prefer Esme! I would say Ez-mee too. I'm Scottish. X

I much prefer Olivia it's gorgeous x

I love both, Olivia is off our list though as my god daughter is Olivia Rose, I always would spell it Esme and pronounce Ezmay though I'm quite liking the Ezmee pronunciation now I've heard it :flower:

Olivia is nice but is sooo popular here in Australia at the moment. We would pronounce Esme (Ez - May) which I prefer over Esmee (Ez-Mee).

I'm biased as my dd is Esme (ez-may) - I add the accent onto the name so that people say it properly.

It has become a popular name now,although not as common an Olivia - like I say I am biased though.

I would probably spell it Esmee to make sure people say it Es-me rather than Es-may as the later is the "correct" way of saying the name so people wouldn't say it how you want if you went with the traditional spelling...I hope that makes sense.

There are 2 Esme's in my dds nursery class; her and another, also said Es-may but they spelt it esmae.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->