Esmèe or Olivia

I like esmee! For one I never really liked the name Olivia (no offence) and my friend just named her baby girl Olivia, and I have been telling her that when her baby goes to school there is always going to be at least another one or two Olivia's in her class.

Thanks for all the replies you lovely ladies!

Still unsure what to call our 2nd Daughter, maybe we will have to wait to see what she looks like and then decide!

Xx

I like esmee! For one I never really liked the name Olivia (no offence) and my friend just named her baby girl Olivia, and I have been telling her that when her baby goes to school there is always going to be at least another one or two Olivia's in her class.

Wow I'm not sure I'd appreciate it if my friend was saying stuff like that! She might not be bothered how many there are if she just loves the name..

Wow I'm not sure I'd appreciate it if my friend was saying stuff like that! She might not be bothered how many there are if she just loves the name..

I was thinking the same thing. Generally people are aware of the popularity of the name they choose and have thought about that stuff already. Bringing it up after the name has already been chosen like it's a negative or some pressing issue they hadn't considered isn't helpful or productive, I'd be really pissed if I had a friend that kept saying that to me. I have friends who name their kids things that make me scratch my head but I'd never question it, ESPECIALLY if the baby was already born and already had the name. Pretty rude IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. Generally people are aware of the popularity of the name they choose and have thought about that stuff already. Bringing it up after the name has already been chosen like it's a negative or some pressing issue they hadn't considered isn't helpful or productive, I'd be really pissed if I had a friend that kept saying that to me. I have friends who name their kids things that make me scratch my head but I'd never question it, ESPECIALLY if the baby was already born and already had the name. Pretty rude IMO.

This was before her baby was born she was considering the name, she had a few options and that's what I said about Olivia. She had mentioned the name once or twice and asked for my opinion so I gave her my opinion. If someone asks for my opinion I will give them my honest opinion. Now that her baby is born I don't give her my opinion on the name as there is no need to. I don't tell her now that it was a bad choice? It was her choice. If she likes Olivia then that's fine by me!

I've never seen it with the grave accent, only the acute. I would have thought the grave would make it 'Ez-meh' (like the 'e' in Ben) rather than 'Ez-mee' or 'Ez-may'...

Anyway Olivia gets my vote

I wouldn't dare say that to someone. Olivia is a name we like. To be honest, Esme is creeping up the lists fast. Likely to be few Esmes in a class year too. Who cares?

I wouldn't dare say that to someone. Olivia is a name we like. To be honest, Esme is creeping up the lists fast. Likely to be few Esmes in a class year too. Who cares?

It was before the baby was born, she wasn't offended by it? I guess my friend and I just have an honest relationship. She has told me she doesn't like certain names I've chosen and why. I feel that when someone asks your opinion you should just give it truthfully. As she doesn't like common names all that much I figured I would inform her of how common it is. She was never offended and I apologize if I have offended any of you, I was only giving my opinion...

Olivia is sooooo common. So right say I pick esme.

I know three Olivia's at the moment- ages 1-12

I look at the climbs vs current spot. Esme climbed more spaces than Olivia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->