Estrace side effects

Timetotry

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Just curious, when did you start to feel side effects from estrace (if at all)?
My breasts are killing me, this is new for me and I'm wondering if it's the estrace but it didn't start until I had been on the med for about a week.

I don't take estrace, but I know on my estrogen meds (estrofem or estromax) I start feeling kinda icky about a week in. It takes a while for it to build up in your system. Sorry you're feeling crappy! :hugs:

I've been on Estrace since CD11 and Prometrium since my IUI (on 8/9). The side effects of both drugs have literally driven me insane. I've spent days convinced my symptoms were the drugs and I'll never be pregnant and other days convinced I'm pregnant. My boobs have been KILLING me since a day or two after my IUI. The discharge is thick and blue and disgusting. It's awful! I've had back aches, crazy dreams, cramps. I'm 11dpiui. At first I was thinking about not testing and just waiting for my period. But now I'm thinking I'm going to test Saturday (13dpiui). The doctor prefers you not home test and come in for blood work, but paying $40 for a negative pregnancy test just feels like you're adding insult to injury. Good luck to you ladies!

Thanks Ladies!
My Estradiol levels have been around 3600, and oh man, the boob discomfort!
This was our first cycle using estrace, and I was so happy with the response in my endometrial layer. Unfortunately my LH started to increase before my follicles were fully mature, and because they couldn't time the iui properly, we got cancelled and sent home with timed intercourse instructions.
I believe it was too late by then though, I think this month was a lot of work for nothing.
Because they didn't do the iui, I'm not taking progesterone this month but they told me to stay on the estrace.
I feel you about the blue discharge. I was very shocked this first time I saw it hahaha.

Good luck with your cycle! Hopefully you get a bfp!

Aw, hun. That's a bummer. Sorry that you have to wait another cycles. Are they going to give you injections next cycle to suppress LH/ovulation until you're ready for trigger? I get the suppressants for IVF. I would think they could give them to you for IUI as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->