• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Estradiol level

Vanessa B

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am 41yrs old and have been trying to concieve with my husband for the past 6 years. Had one attempt at ICSI last year but failed - four eggs, but only two viable and only one fertilised. Husband has had vasectomy reversal and we know our chances are low (about 5%) but I think the problem may be more to do with me.

I think I may have a Luteal Phase Defect. I have just been on the internet and seen that Estradiol levels should be more than 100 pg/ml. Having checked my last two hormone tests mine has gone from 30 pg/ml in 2008 to 15 in 2009 (not had a test this year). This information is new to me but the internet site said that if your levels were less than 100 it is difficult for the fertilised egg to implant. Has anybody else got experience of this? Is there a way of improving my Estradiol levels? Also wondering if it is a big problem why the fertility clinic didn't highlight this to us.
Kind regards,
Vanessa.

Hiya,
can i just ask ; do you have an actual lp that is shorter or longer than the average of 10-16 days?

The reason i ask is that the test is usually done together with the egg reserve test, the commonly known day 3 test (together with FSH). Normally a very high number signifies a problem such as a low egg reserve and FSH will be high too. In the average woman levels are usual about 80, so if you think they are too low, get it checked out.

All the best, Omi :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"