Euan Reece Ferguson @ 38 weeks - 9/03/09, 4.10am, 7lbs 6.5oz

aurora32

Mum to my Angels
Reaction score
I after a lot of pain and quite a troublesome 3rd Trimester was induced 2 weeks early on 6th March due to babies unstable lie and my very painful SPD.
I went to hospital on 6th March for 10am, where i had to be given a scan to determine if baby was still head down after being breech 3 days before, thnakfully he was head down, so it was all clear for me to have my first prostin pessary, they gave me an examination first i was soft and favourable but not enough so they could break my waters, so at 11.30am i was given the first pessary which is a bit like a tampon and told that it would need to stay there for 24hours to help soften and opn my cervix further in hope they would be able to break my waters. Well it did absolutely nothing apart from give me a few period type cramps, so at 11.30am on the saturday morning they examined me and it had done nothing so they told me id have to wait 2 hours to get the next pessary, well they decided to leave me longer basically mucked me about and passed the buck to the next shift that afternoon again i was examined still no further progress so was now given the prostin tablet which is a stronger form of the first one i got released over 6 hours instead, this was the one that worked for me my last pregnancy, again all it seemed to do was give me cramps till about 5.30 pm saturday night when my contractions started coming every 3 to 4 mins apart and were quite painful, i got on the bouncing ball and worked through it then by 8.00 it all stopped absolutely nothing but a few cramps every once in a while i was so down now as i was being told that if the next pessary didnt work then id have to wait 48 hours and they try reapeat the whole process as they didnt want to do c section unless really forced too, was examined again and was told babies head was decending down enough to do any good and to set contractions off properly so after examining it was decided that baby was laying oblique and was hitting my hip joint area each contraction rather than decending down properly hence the contractions but no progression. I was left to sleep on saturday night and Oh put home and told i would get my next and final pessary first thing on sunday morning well it finally got done about 8.30 there had been no further progression over night and i was so down, sore and very fed up as well as worried that this labour wasnt going well at all, the midwife gave me the pessary ans swept the membranes at the same time which really seemed to get things going well contractions started back with a vengence was given pain killers that didnt help, tried walking round the hospital a bit to walk pain off that made it worse so went back to ward and got offered a tens machine which worked for about and hour at which point i went for a shower, after i came out the pains stepped up a gear and i couldnt cope no matter how i tried to breath through them and tell myself i wont ever have to feel that again and was one closer to my baby, i asked for some morphine....BIG MISTAKE omg did it make me feel ill i was violently sick, my bp went through the roof, i had protein in my urine and had 4+ of ketones in my urine and needed to be given a drip, i got the shakes i felt as if i didnt belong to my body and not in a nice way either, by this time it was 5.30pm and they decided to examine me again due to the level of pain, guess what? not a bloody thing had happend, then the pains all died down again apart from one every 8 to 10 mins that was very sore, it was decided at about 8.30 that oh would go home i warned him not to as i didnt feel right and that it was after the 2nd pessary with my last baby that it all kicked off after he was sent home he missed the last birth, but due to my lack of progression he would go and that we would make a plan of action as of the next morning Sunday, so i very upset and tired as hadnt slept yet in hospital due to pains since arriving on friday, settled down for the night, was laying watching dancing on ice the skate off so about 9.30 pm, when i suddenly felt a slimey icky feeling slither out from between my legs (sorry tmi) so i buzzed the nurse and told her and she asked to see my pad, but nothing there, so i sat up onto the edge of the bed and proceeded to wet the bed so i just looked at ther and said, sorry ive kinda wet the bed, she burst out laughing and got me another pad i said i need the toilet so she helped me and drip across to the loo, when i stood up after peeing the rest of my waters went thank god it was over the toilet or it would have made a lake on the floor, i went back to my bed my waters leaking all the while and the mw called my oh to come back asap, they checked babies lie and mw could feel his head so all my stuff was collected up and i was wheeled through to delivery to await Oh's arrival and be hooked up to further drips for my strep b anti bios and syntocin to help my contractions as they were wery irregular, at which point oh arrived, i was put up onto the bed and hooked up to all the relevent drips after much faffing to get cannulas in my veins which are non existent at the best of times, after the syntocin was running for about half an hour my contractios started to speed up and intensify but with each one babies hb would dip and at one point dropped to 77 bpm which freaked me out it was only very brief but it happend with nearly all my contractions, i moved position after a bit which seemed to help the matter then i needed to pee but could not go so had to get a hand via a catheter which filled the bowl, at about 3.30 am mw checked me as i was getting incredible bearing down pressure and the urge to start pushing, she said you are 7-8 cm gone not long now til you have baby at this point i knew id have my baby very soon as i remembered this part very clearly from my last birth pains very intense and on top of each other and gas and air not really working at one point i asked mw if it had been switched off as it was doing nothing at all the pains were that intense, then i had the urge to push, my lo was coming, i couldnt get purchase on the bed to push as id got too far down the bed and there was bot bottom too it and on the top the plastic sheet was making my hands slip so i did no more than grap oh and use him as my buffer to push, after 7-8 push mt little ones head appeared with the cord warpped very tightly around his little neck and he was a little blue so mw told me to breath through next contractions so she could free cord from his neck, mothering protective instinct kicks in straight away cos even though the urge to push was very strong i kinda disengaged and breathed as id been asked for next few contactions until she said it was ok to push again, on the 3rd contraction she told me to push and the rest of my little boy was born, she put him straight uop onto my chest gave him a shiggle and he let out a little cry, he was a bit floppy but that was due to the morphine i had had early on the sunday, Euan Reece was born on 9th March @ 4.10am weighing 7lb 6.5 oz, and had his first bf 10 mins after birth.

He is a little angel and we love him to bits :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Thanks to all the girls in the March Mummies forum especially my txt buddies, that kept me going through the above days and through my whole pregnancy you are all great and i hope we can all stay in touch in the future.

Ewan (2 hours old).jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Congratulations! He's beautiful!

awww hes stunning hun well done , Sounds like you really went through the mill bless you . xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

congrats, what a time you had :hugs: xx

Congrats hun, he is very cute!!

I'm sorry you had such a rough time with it, but he is so gorgeous, congrats! xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->