Euans Birth story 28/11/11

mum2liam

Reaction score
just thought id share my birth story with you all.

well my due date of the 24th came and went, and the weekend was upon us, id developed a pile so was gutted as i could give birth anyday and had suffered just weeks before with a thrombosed pile so i knew that i was going to suffer once again.

i did feel a little different, but never had any show, just BHs which id had for weeks and the odd one was uncomfortable. on the sunday night i was pretty tired and joked to my hubbie that he wouldnt have to go into work tomorrow cos im gonna have baby tonight, (28th was the due date id worked out from ovulation until my dating scan brought it forward 5 days)
so i woke up like normal through the night to use the loo, and went back to sleep, was awoken with what i thought was BHs i had 3 strong ones about 5 mins apart, then when i stood up i had what felt like a constant BH that wouldnt pass, i couldnt stand straight it was quite intense.
i decided i would go and make a cup of tea, was about 330am
hubbie got up too and i started to have irregular contractions (me still thinking that this wasnt the real thing! as i never got into any rythym. DH kept asking if he should call his mum, and i was clueless, as i didnt know if this was it and didnt want to get her up for nothing, as she would have to do a 40 min drive over to us.
still having irregular contractions, some 5 mins apart and some 12 mins apart!!
i did go to the loo 3 times and after that i knew this was it (took me a while lol)
at about 430 i said to DH, call your mum, so she got here about 5.10am and by 5.30am i told DH that i wanted to make my way into the maternity unit as i felt i needed pain relief!
got in the car and the vibration eased the contractions a little, as soon as we got there and the engine turned off they hurt like hell!!!!
got into the maternity unit and had 3 contractions just trying to get up the stairs!! midwife was like, "ok well we need to get you straight to the delivery room" i was like "what, so soon????" she said well you have just had 3 contractions within seconds of each other.
we got to the delivery room and she told me to take off my bottoms so she could examine me.
she said yup, your 9cm and bulging waters, as soon as they go you will be well on your way!
i was so pleased!!!!! big smile on my face!!!

now the pain after that was the worst out of the 3 kids ive had, just had gas and air, no time for anything else.
my waters broke and nearly wiped out the midwife haha,
the pushing stage was alot different to my other 2 deliveries, i didnt get that huge urge to push until i was actually pushing, if that makes sense lol.
all i could think of during that stage was my pile, pushing was agony.
i got to the stage where i wanted this baby out, so pushed with everything i had and there he was! i was hysterically happy to see him, had skin to skin immediately!
didnt have any stitches and he weighed in at 8lb 5oz, my biggest!!
went home the same day, felt fine down below, but my pile was absolute agony, and suffered for almost 2 weeks.
feeling much more normal now and im back to pre pregnancy weight, just need to tone up when im allowed! im exclusively breastfeeding and Euan is weighing in now at 8lb 11 oz so growing fast!!
so happy, just wish the piles had stayed away so i could have enjoyed my birthing experience it was so different to my first 2 boys as my waters broke a few hrs before getting any pains.

sorry its so long xx

Attachments

• babyf1.JPG
    babyf1.JPG
    3.1 KB · Views: 134
What a handsome little man!! Congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members