Evangeline's Birth Story- Dec 8th- Natural Birth Gone C Section

Edgewood222

Reaction score
On Thursday I woke up feeling like I was going to have cramps all morning. I stayed in bed with a heating pad until noon. That afternoon my husband decided we would sleep because it was looking like our angel was going to be making her arrival soon. Later that evening I started spotting every time I went to the washroom and lost mucus plug all day so we went to the hospital to get checked out. Took my other kids- 3 min pins to grandmas and went to the assessment ward in L & D and found out I was 2 cm dilated which is 1 more than I was previously. Was told I could go walk to make things happen or go home until labor progressed. Decided to go for the walk because a lot of changes had happened the last day and I didn't want to go 1 hour back home just to find out things were progressing. Walked for the full 2 hours just stopping for some breakfast, potty and water breaks and got re-checked again. This time they said I was between a 3.5 and 4 cm. Got admitted. Was immediately started on an iv for antibiotics that was a pain because it took her 3 tries to find my vein :S Then went to a delivery room. Got to have a half hour shower and then was put to bed and hooked up to the ever increasing oxytocin and had my water broken to get things progressing. The oxytocin made things unbearable to the point of my taking an epidural before I progressed any further. Then I was left to relax...eventually the pressure really started building to the point of being just as unbearable as the pain. They checked me again and found out I was fully dilated at 1:30 but the baby was at -2. Waited 4 hours for the baby to drop and it just wasn't happening. My Ob gave me the opportunity to push and try and have her naturally but after 45 mins of pushing the only option was surgery. I had a bit of a mental break down because this was something I really did not want and there was a 45 min wait for an Operating Room. I was set up for surgery, got morphine which numbed my whole body from head to toe. I lost a bunch of my cookies while they were preparing the surgery and had to have someone hold my ears shut so I coudn't hear all of the surgery talk. But Evangeline arrived at 6:02 P.M. healthy but quiet. The NICU had to suction her lungs because she had meconium in the amniotic fluid.

[IMG]https://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u1/aquakiado222/Evangeline.jpg[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->