• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Evelyn Jeanette?

BrieAnne

Reaction score
I'm due any day now and we have no idea what to name our daughter... I'm starting to panic. I guess the only two options are Evelyn Jeanette or Elana Grace.

Both names are in honor of her great grandmothers which I think is nice, but is Evelyn too old fashioned for a little kid?? Supposedly it's becoming popular again but I don't know. We would probably call her Evie for a nickname. I am losing my mind, choosing a name is the hardest thing in the world for me to do!!

Thanks!

I think both are gorgeous names!! I don't think Evelyn is too old fashioned anymore - and using nn Evie will make it more trendy anyways. Elana (ell-on-uh) is not often heard but often gets confused with the popular Elaina (ell-ain-uh) both of which I like. I LOVE the nickname Lainey. Jeanette paired with Evelyn does seem a bit old fashioned though so I'd suggest using Evelyn Grace or Elana Jeanette?
Love all 4 names no matter how you put them haha sorry not much help

I like Evelyn Grace...is that an option?

OMG thank you girls SOOOO much! I think I'm just starting to doubt everything bc it's so last minute. My grandmother was Evelyn and DH's grandmother was Jeanette. I thought it might be nice to use the names bc we were both so close with our grandmothers. My husband doesn't love Grace but I thought we might be able to use it as his other grandmother was Gladys and we could at least use the initial. I was worried Elana would be so confusing bc people spell it Alanna, Ilana, Elana... I always wanted a little girl but never had a clue what I would call her!! :dohh:

I think the name is great, and Evie would be a good nn- but I swear, I think that was the name of one of my Cabbage Patch Kids!

Adore Evelyn. Don't like the middle name. Evelyn Grace is beautiful though. x

Evelyn is a beautiful name, and the nn of Evie is sweet :)

I think Evelyn Grace sounds better if DH will let it be an option!

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the input! We will have to decide in the next day or two.... Due on Wednesday!

I think I'm alone on this, but I prefer Evelyn Jeanette. Excited to see what you choose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->