Evening eating...

laurajo24

Reaction score
somebody stop me picking in the evening!!!!

I literally can't think of anything but food once i finally sit down when LO has gone to bed.
Crisps, chocolate, toast... i know it's all bad but i love to snack!

Can anyone recommend some alternative savoury and sweet treats for the evening which aren't so fattening??

Or even better, something for me to do to stop me picking!

xxx

I used to do that but what i do now is eat later so im not hungry and fill my time in evenin wit a wrkout/ shower or sumthin like that

Hey. I try not to eat for four hours before I go to bed and if I get the 'urge' to eat I pick up a book or do some housework. It's even harder now that I am quitting smoking (nearly seven weeks since my last smoke) so when I get 'cravings' for a smoke I used to eat and after a couple of weeks I noticed I was getting even bigger. Lol.

I also find housework helps.

Snacking in the evening is fine to do as long as its the right foods. In fact having more smaller meals a day is better for you!

Why don't you try protein packed snacks which will keep you feeling fuller for longer like a handful of nuts, rice cake with peanut butter, low far yogurt or even some fruit.

Thanks for the tips girls. I know its my major downfall as i don't really snack during the day when i'm busy. x

I eat fruit.
and if im reeally hungry then i might have some cereal.

Housework and knitting keep me and my hands busy so I don't have time for food after dinner! I still take a pause for the occasional treat, but if I'm busy, I usually won't even think about food.

Oh yeah, i'd nearly forgotten, I have a nice hot cup of tea! which is probably not the best advice, (herbal tea perhaps?), but it just fills me up long enough to not want to pig out.

Tea is good as well. I try to eat food that's "useful" or at least contributes to my body. When I start eating cookies, I'll never stop.

Some walnuts always work for me.

I know it sounds odd but drink a glass of water and brush yOur teeth :) helps with my evening cravings

If u need chocolate make a cup of 'options belgian hot chocolate' only 30 calories and fills u up with lovely choccieness! I lived on them during pregnancy when i couldnt hav 2 much coffee. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->