Evening grumbles...colic?

mell242

mummy to stanley james
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wanted a bit of advice really.
My little man is becoming increasingly unsettled in the evening from 7pm til about 11pm (or until he falls asleep..eventually!!). He appears incredibly tired with his eyes rolling but just won't settle. He'll go down in his moses basket but then grumble, we get him out and then he looks really happy (and awake) and then about 20 mins later will start screaming. His tummy is very grumbly aswell (lots of noise) and after he's been fed he's very hard to wind.

I was just wondering if this sounds like Colic to you? or if he is just overtired? I've been looking on here and on the net and there are so many different remedies if it is Colic. I feel so bad as he's an angel all day but this whole performance starts as soon as my OH gets in! :cry:

Gabbi is exactly the same, really grumpy in the evening. My mum says that I was exactly the same!!!! She does get overtired so makes her worse. I was giving her Infacol before each feed, but not used it for a while as I can now tell when it's genuine cries or just whingeing!!!!

My LO is very quiet during the day unless she has really bad cramps or tummy trouble but she is very fussy during the evening - basically once Daddy comes home.

We were told that babies can tend to just have a cry time during the day and that it often is between 7-10. LO also doesn't burp very well and can get cramps, etc. but a lot of times she's just being fussy and wants to be held and babied and we even sometimes has where she'll only calm down if one of us holds her and it has to be the one she wants...

I'd keep an eye on LO and if it gets really bad, check with your doctor.

Yeah I had this last night from 1am until 5am (yawn!) and its very similar. Once he is on my shoulder he falls asleep and then I put his down after a few minutes (like 20!) of walking around and he wakes up wide awake after 5 mins of looking blissfully asleep. This went on all night. He was tired and rubbing his face and just grizzling constantly. I kept trying to feed him but he was just fussing around and crying! I was convinced he was hungry but he wouldnt feed. Eventually he fell asleep but I had to swaddle him pace around for ages and give him infacol and a dummy - maybe that would work for you?

Yup, this is usually Jasmines grouchy time too... right when all the good shows are on... thanks Jas ;) haha j/k

Hi my LO is normally angry in the evening. He He. just when daddy comes home. Its usually cause he is tired

Sounds like overly tired to me. Hannah was this way for a long time, extremely grouchy in the evenings. Until we figured out it was because she was overly tired and started to get her to take an evening nap. Even now at 4 months she has to have that evening nap or she's impossible to put to bed

We have had the same problem. The midwife told me it was evening colic. We have been using infacol which really helps with winding them, but does not get rid of all of it.
I am going to be doing a baby massage course because they teach you methods to help - I'll post to let you know how we get on.

Also find the following help:

Warm bath
chest to chest cuddles - sometimes brings big burp!
sitting him on my knee and jigging him up and down when winding can often bring out a burp
Putting him across my legs on his tummy and rubbing his back makes him fart!

Oliver is also really unsettled in the evenings. As with everyone else, it's when daddy comes home from work!! I have had to showhim this thread, as he was starting to get a complex that Oliver doesn't like him!
All he wants is feeding though. And it doesn't help that I am BF, so hubby can't feed him. I am just trying to get him to take some breastmilk from a bottle. At least one of the feeds from an evening can be from daddy then.

Yeah sounds like evening colic to me, Faith was the same! My OH thought it was him cos it happened everytime he got home from work! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->