Evening Primrose Oil - Experiences?

Although... the EPO with cold liver oil only contains 500mg cod liver oil.

Meh, still not gonna risk it.
500 mg or 500 mcg? 500 mg is the same as 500,000 mcg, which is way way too much!

(type "500 mg in mcg" into google and you get the answer!)

I have been trying grapefruit juice since reading something on here the other day - but it is having an unexpected side effect - trumping!!!!:blush:

500 mg or 500 mcg? 500 mg is the same as 500,000 mcg, which is way way too much!

(type "500 mg in mcg" into google and you get the answer!)

Oh dear, it's 500mg, so 500,000mcg! :o

Definitely glad I stopped taking them then!!

I have been taking EPO with starflower oil about 2 months now and I find that it has improved my CM significantly. I'm usually a dry person but this has chnaged since I started.

Where do you live? Any health food shop should have it, even supermarkets :D

found this:

Note that Evening Primrose Oil should only be taken from menstruation to ovulation, as EPO may cause uterine contractions. The dosage taken should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day. Since essential fatty acids are important, you can take flax seed oil in place of Evening Primrose Oil after ovulation takes place.

The consistency and the amount of cervical mucus in the vagina is an important part of getting pregnant. If you are having trouble getting pregnant, or you just want your efforts to be as efficient as possible, you may want to consider Evening Primrose Oil. Evening Primrose Oil comes from a wildflower known as the Evening Primrose. The oil that is derived from the flower is very rich in Vitamin E as well as gamma lanoline acid, which is an essential fatty acid. Evening Primrose Oil has long been associated with improving the quality and fertile nature of cervical mucus.

Evening Primrose Oil consistently helps women produce fertile cervical fluid, which looks and feels like egg whites. This cervical fluid is usually very thin, watery, and even stretchy. This type of cervical mucus is ideal because it aids the sperm in swimming through the uterus, into the fallopian tube, and to the egg without being damaged. Evening Primrose Oil seems to help produce this fertile cervical mucus, which is important because in the right mucus the sperm can travel undamaged and relatively easily, living up to five days in the fallopian tubes which will increase the likelihood of fertilization.

If you do not produce a lot of cervical mucus it is a good idea to drink a lot of water and take the Evening Primrose Oil. Together the oil and the water will generally work to produce more cervical mucus as well as the most fertile type of mucus. If you are interested in trying Evening Primrose Oil you will want to take 1500mg to 3000mg every day. You should only take the Evening Primrose from menstruation to ovulation because Evening Primrose Oil can actually cause uterine contractions, which you do not want, especially early in a pregnancy. If you want to continue with the regimen, it is a good idea to take flax seed oil instead of the Evening Primrose Oil after ovulation.

Evening Primrose is thought to be the ideal natural remedy when it comes to improving the quality of your cervical mucus. You may hear about a lot of other remedies to try, but chances are you will have the most success with Evening Primrose Oil. Do not be frustrated if you do not see instant results when you first start taking the recommended dosage, as with all herbs Evening Primrose takes as long as eight weeks to build up in your system to an effective level. While some women see results in a very short time, others dont see the results for the full eight weeks or more. The best way to see the results is to chart all of your fertility symptoms and signs, this will also help you determine when you should stop taking the Evening Primrose and switch to the flax seed oil.

and:

Quote:
Drinking grapefruit juice while trying to conceive has long been recommended by mothers, doctors, and midwives to aide in the fertilization process. The grapefruit juice is said to help thin the cervical mucus so that the sperm can travel easily from the vagina, through the uterus and into the fallopian tubes to meet the egg. The egg white consistency cervical mucus is known to be the most fertile in every woman, but not every woman can product this type of cervical mucus on her own, and so many generations have turned to grapefruit juice.

Of course, like many home remedies there are varying rates of success with this cervical mucus remedy. Some women report that they see an instant improvement while others report minimal improvement and others still see no change. Its important to remember that every womans body responds to every drug, chemical, and naturally occurring substance differently so there is no way to determine if this remedy will work for you. But, if you are in search of a natural remedy to improve the texture of your cervical mucus grapefruit juice certainly is worth a try.

While there may be no medical evidence to connect grapefruit juice or any of its properties with a thinning of the cervical mucus, women for generations will swear on the remedy. Because of this, it is definitely worth a try. You may have to drink the juice regularly for a couple cycles before you see a change, so hopefully you like grapefruit juice. If you want to increase your chances of success with this remedy you may want to combine your juice with Evening Primrose oil or even Robitussin, which are also known to thin the cervical mucus and create a more fertile environment for the sperm and ultimately fertilization.

Even if it is not the grapefruit juice that works its magic on your cervical mucus, this remedy will help because it will increase your fluid intake. If you have very dry or spongy cervical fluid you need to increase your fluids and grapefruit juice certainly will count! So, whether this generations old home remedy really does work or not is not really up for debate because it does work at least by putting more fluids into your body, and that is important. If you see increased results, than that is even better. Remember that there are many natural remedies that you can try and even combine for proven results. Generations of women and doctors cannot be wrong, so dont hesitate to try this remedy and see what happens. Even if it does not prove to be useful for you, you wont be any worse off than you are now.

Picking up on this thread again - has anyone had any um, digestive side effects from epo?? I seem to be getting indigestion and/or diarrhea :)shy:)an awful lot lately, and a couple of headaches as well, which I NEVER get... I googled epo side effects and both came up... Its really frustrating me 'cause I do see a difference in my cm already and I want to keep taking it if I can! :( Thanks for your feedback!
:hugs:

Hi all, I've been using EPO for the last two cycles and it greatly improved my CM. It has worked well for me.:hugs:

Did anyone have delayed Ovulation when taking EPO?

I found it on amazon.com and just ordered some.

Hiya

Not sure if it delayed my ovulation or not but i took it for 3 months and my last 2 cycles were totally out of whack! Normally have 27 day cycle regular as a regular thing - last month i had a 29 day cycle and the one before 31 days. Doctor had put it down to stress though?

You can get EPO from supermarkets but apparently Vit B6 is the one to take for trying to lengthen your LP??

Good luck!x

Interestingly my EWCM dried up completely by last month whilst on EPO so i stopped taking it and it slowly seems to be returning to normal this month!

You guys are amazing! I never knew about this! My mucus is...abnormal shall we say. I dont really get the eggwhite stuff, just thick stuff. Im going to get some of this right now!:happydance:

Are we absolutely sure its ok for younger women? Id always heard it was just for menopausal women...Im only 20. Thanx:dust:

And another Q-Do I begin taking this on CD1, or wait until periods left at around CD6?

I am currently taking 1000 mg of EPO every day to increase EWCM. I'm aware of all the supposed health benefits of EPO, including regulating sleep patterns and hormone imbalances etc.

However, since I started taking it a month ago I have been unable to stay asleep at night for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I'm also bloated and headachy. I'm quite sensitive to vitamins (especially vitamin E) and I wondered if the GLA could cause this wakefulness in some people?

I'd be really grateful to hear from people who have had any side effects from EPO! Also from anyone who's TTC but suffering from insomnia which is really messing up their BBTs.....

Hi

I started using EPO 3 months ago (from AF to OV) and then Flaxseed (from Ov to AF) and I haven't really noticed much of a difference. But i have noticed a difference with my painful AF (which isnt as bad thank god). I heard it can take up to 3 months to start working its CM magic so hopefully this month there will be a difference. TTC for 18 + months now and no luck.

Oh and I take 2 x 1000mgs daily of EPO then cut it down to 1 x 1000mg's of Flaxseed. I havent noticed anything with my sleeping pattern's though. But my AF has changed slightly - i usually get 5 days of brown spotting pre AF then 3 days of heavy blood (TMI) then 3 days of brown spotting but that has reduced to 1-2 days brown spotting then 3 days blood (not heavy) then 3 days light red/brown spotting. I've read that the brown spotting is due to low progesterone (prob the reason i havent concieved in 18+ months).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->