Evening Primrose Oil... have you used it? looking for feedback

deinekatze

Reaction score
been reading about EPO and was wondering how many, if any of you, have used it and was it helpful? as in, did you conceive right after?

I used it but it gave me headaches!! I heard grapefruit juices can do the same effect...

I just started today so...lets see if I get headaches too or not. I do know not to take it past ovulation...today is CD1 so I'm good ;-)

Hi
I am taking it, it gave me headaches for the first month, but am on third month with it and no headaches this cycle.

I didn;t really have a problem with my amount of cm, but i thought it was worth a go and since taking it i def get more of it, especially on ovulation day, so i guess it could only help!

Am in tww at the mo ... we'll see if it worked in a few days!
x

Hi! I just posted on your success stories thread and I didn't use Evening Primrose oil - I found Starflower oil much more effective. Apparently it has more of the ingredient that is in evening primrose oil.

Hi! I just posted on your success stories thread and I didn't use Evening Primrose oil - I found Starflower oil much more effective. Apparently it has more of the ingredient that is in evening primrose oil.

hmmm I will look into that, thanks for the info

my EPO is 500mg and it recommends taking one capsule 3 to 6 times a day. Wonder how much would be too much LOL

yes I used it in november, I had lots more cm than normal, did get pregnant also.

deinekatze, I started using EPO about 2 weeks ago. I have not gotten any headaches and I have noticed a big difference in CM. Its worth a shot. I take 2 500 mg capsules a day. Where did you hear not to take it after ovulation? I haven't heard that.

deinekatze, I started using EPO about 2 weeks ago. I have not gotten any headaches and I have noticed a big difference in CM. Its worth a shot. I take 2 500 mg capsules a day. Where did you hear not to take it after ovulation? I haven't heard that.

Missyt- I read on several sites that you shouldn't take it after you ovulate just in case you are pg.

here is what I read
Evening Primrose Oil and Fertile Cervical Mucus

For women who are trying-to-conceive, a primary benefit of evening primrose oil is that it may increase the quality of cervical mucus, making it a more fertile medium for sperm. One of the purposes of cervical mucus is to sustain sperm in a healthy medium, and to allow sperm to move freely through the cervix. When a woman ovulates, there should be an increase in cervical mucus, as well as a change in mucus texture - the mucus becoming more pliable, "stretchable", and slippery. This is "fertile" cervical mucus.

In some women, there may not be sufficient cervical mucus - or the cervical mucus that is present has infertile qualities. This latter type of cervical fluid is called "hostile cervical mucus".

Evening Primrose Oil helps women produce fertile quality cervical fluid, or "egg white" cervical mucus. This variety of cervical fluid is fertile, thinner, watery, more clear than cloudy, and stretchy or stretchable. It easily aids sperm in transport through the uterus and into the fallopian tube and to the egg.

Fertile cervical fluid helps sperm remain alive and mobile for several five days inside the uterus and fallopian tube, enabling conception to take place, even if ovulation occurs days after intercourse.

Hostile Cervical Fluid and Evening Primrose Oil

If cervical mucus is dry, or a cloudy color, or brownish, it can block or resist the movement of sperm and inhibit fertilization. This kind of CM will fail to provide the protective sheathing that supports sperm integrity and motility.

Many, many women experience dryness issues, and may have problems creating their own fertile quality cervical mucus. Evening Primrose Oil, or products like FertileCM, have been shown to help in the creation of fertile cervical mucus in such circumstances.

NOTE: Evening Primrose Oil should only be taken from menstruation (cycle day 1) to ovulation (around CD 14 or when you confirm ovulation has taken place by bbt charting / thermal shift), as EPO may cause uterine contractions. Since essential fatty acids are important, you can also use fish oils rich in Omega-3s or flax seed oil in place of Evening Primrose Oil after ovulation (during the luteal phase)

on another site again

What is the dosage for Evening Primrose Oil or EPO?

Evening Primrose Oil or EPO should only be taken from menstruation to ovulation. This is because Evening Primrose Oil or EPO can cause uterine contractions in pregnancy. The dosage taken should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day. Since essential fatty acids are necessary, you can take flax seed oil in place of Evening Primrose Oil or EPO after ovulation. This may be taken throughout pregnancy as well.

I noticed a dramatic increase in my cm (the consistency seemed good too) after using it and got my BFP the month after! (unfortunately it ended in MC) I definately definately think it was the reason i conceived that month esp as we had no luck the previous 6 mths.
I also used it this cycle and will find out next tuesday if it has worked :0)

great keep me posted, fingers Xd for you!!!!

how long were you taking it before you noticed the improvement?

I noticed a dramatic increase in my cm (the consistency seemed good too) after using it and got my BFP the month after! (unfortunately it ended in MC) I definately definately think it was the reason i conceived that month esp as we had no luck the previous 6 mths.

So sorry about ur MC:hugs:. How long did u use epo before u got a BFP(was it just that month)?

Thanks for the info to stop taking it after ovulation. I don't know how I missed that. :dohh: Luckily I think I just ovulated a couple of days ago. I guess I read this post just in time.:thumbup:

That all sounds like its worth a go doesnt it?

Thanks for that chick xx

So sorry about ur MC:hugs:. How long did u use epo before u got a BFP(was it just that month)?

I got the BFP 2nd month using it but 1st month i started it late.
I had much more cm within a week i would say.

YES!!!! I was TTC for 2 years, and starting from day 1 - day 13 I took 3000 mg of EPO once a day, drank green tea, and took vitamin B6. That's the month I finally got pregnant.

Disclosure: My husband had varicocele surgery 6.5 months prior.

I guess I need to increase my dosage!

Thanks and congrats on the success!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"